Bunny chewing metal bars on play pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor_wt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. My bunny has been chewing the bars of the play pen excessively lately and I know this cannot be good for his teeth. I should make note that he gets plenty of time outside of his pen area throughout the day. He stays in his play pen with plenty of room when I’m not home and at night. I’ve also made it a point to add more cardboard and toys for him to chew on in hopes that he chooses to chew those instead of the bars but it hasn’t made much of a difference.

Thank you in advance!

Although there isn't any pen or cage I give mine tree branches (willow, ash, forsythia, fruit trees, etc. etc.) to gnaw on, that takes care of quite a lot of excess energy. You can put the branches at the spot where he gnaws at the bars.

It's very rare, about once a year, that they indulge into cardboard shreddering for a night or two.

Although there isn't any pen or cage I give mine tree branches (willow, ash, forsythia, fruit trees, etc. etc.) to gnaw on, that takes care of quite a lot of excess energy. You can put the branches at the spot where he gnaws at the bars.

It's very rare, about once a year, that they indulge into cardboard shreddering for a night or two.

This may be a dumb question, but is it safe if I get a branch from the apple tree in my backyard and let him chew it? He is my first bunny and I’m still pretty new to all of this!

Yes, it is safe if it wasn't sprayed with something recently. Like with anything new, start with rather small amounts like a twig with a few leaves and increase over a week or so, at least if your rabbit isn't used to green stuff.

Let us know if the vingar works.

Latest posts

Back