Bunny chat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! My name's Pumpkin and I have a very lousy servant boy. I just don't understand why he doesn't give me treats 24/7. I like destroying everything in sight! It's just so much fun. But for some reason, my servant hides all of those fun wires :(, but at least he gives me willow balls and seagrass mats to make up for it. And I love doing binkies around my house!

Eyy Celery! Finally something that is completely okay to eat! I grab it in my big mouth and then make a run for it. I've observed that mum likes to take treats away from me, so i have to do anything in my power to keep the yum-yum to myself. My roommate doesn't bother running away-he'll just eat until he gets caught!
(Heyo, mum here! Feeling the need to mention that i'm still having some issues with my mum giving the boys too many beets n carrots n bananas n potatoes n cabbage n chips n all that, so just have to take em away. it is fun seeing Storm hook as he runs with his treats though.)
Mum did get us a maize mat about a week ago, now only the tightest middle part remains and we're still adamant on destroying the whole thing. FINALLY something other than nothing! Mum is still quite down because she has yet to find a good bunno-safe toy that will last a bit longer than the ones before it. She was thinking of getting us one of those ''dog treat puzzle things'' but she doesn't want to spend 20eur on something she doesn't know we'll interact with or not.

@Catlyn Hi, this is Pumpkin's dad speaking to Storm's mom. I have the same problem as you. My parents love feeding him too many treats and most of the time I have to take them away. So now Pumpkin runs away and hides to eat anything that's given to him and people act like that's my fault. They're the ones feeding him too many treats, I'm just trying to keep Pumpkin healthy.🤦‍♂️

Awwww, where did Lümi go off to? I haven't seen him in a week, and the last time i did, somehow i had the irresistible urge to nudge and nip at him. I couldn't help it, he was stiff as a bone and gave no reaction! Usually he would at least nip me back or give me a kiss...(soft grunt) I miss the time that he was next to me, i had someone to speak my local language, someone to hang out with and observe when mum was out somewhere. I loved watching his antics but couldn't be bothered to jump three feet up onto a table to retrieve some bread. I knew that granny would give me some sooner or later. If she didn't, i'd nip her, but she's been giving me lots of grass, and not so many sweets that i like. I do love my greens though.
They pulled me away from what i knew, and dumped me into a big and almost empty place, better today than the day before, it also has a wall which i can't even be bothered to try jumping over. Mum wouldn't give me the pellets becaue that fence thing is too high, i had to help myself scatter them and quarter of em ended up in my water. Ewww, i wasn't gonna drink that. Mum changed it for me.
But what's she doing on a camping bed right next to my area? Does she think she became a doe when she flopped onto the blue springy thingy? I'll show her my springy feet tomorrow.
For now, (choo), bye, i have to beauty sleep so that mum wouldn't call me a grumpy old man.

I don't think that Lümi is ever coming back, is he? We would sometimes travel together, so i was hoping that he would be with me when they tucked me into the carrier and drove me around last time but nope, he wasn't there. I couldn't feel him today either when i was on the ride for almost six hours. I do miss him, although i didn't like his clingyness that much. I
've been causing mum a number of headaches- she only wants me to be happy but it's hard for her to keep me as such, i am quite moody and not happy at all for being all alone. The vet seems to have a soft spot for me-she said that she didn't mind getting bitten and was more wary of my hind feet. No wonder, i had to let her clip half a centimeter of my nails, else she wouldn't've let me be. UUUGH i hate the vets' office, i wished that mum would take me away from there, but she wouldn't even if i climbed onto her lap.
She really wants to get me a new bunfriend, she says the vet told her that if i don't chill out in a few months, i will need a new mate. But mum struggles with that- no shelters, no fixed rabbits, no playdates, no space- what is she supposed to do? I wish that i could .... I don't even know. I'm just lonely and mum isn't enough for me. I bet that she also needs a more friendly bun beside me.

Hey hey fellow buns!
How's life been going for you?
Lümi didn't come back to me after all... Instead of him, i met a grumpy, grunty miss bossface whom mum calls Iris. We didn't like each other on the block but after going on a few dates i grew to like her, and she seems to like me a bit too much. Sometimes i wish she'd stop following me everyehere i go..
Mum seems to struggle with finding us any good toys, still, so Iris went on a heist to steal a firewood piece with bark on it to gnaw on something. She's also initiated room repair 101 with her wallpaper removal. Whereever she can reach, the walls are empty.
I never noticed that it's my second birthday! Mum can't seem to remember if i was born on the 20th or 25th or something, so they say that it's just sometime late february.
I heard rumours that they want to order a puppy pen as my bday gift. I'd have to share it with my pal, but that would be fine. I hope it will mean that we will get more space when nobody else is home. Grandma says that it would be useless since mum would abandon us outside with that pen, but i can't understand where she's coming from. We would still be indoors, and grandma can't really expect us to live in garden panels that don't give enough space for us, forever. Mum is 18 now, after all, so they can do what they want with their money and order whatever they think we need. And they agree with me and Iris that we want to have more space at night.

We haven't seen mum in a while... Where did they go? We've never been apart for longer than a week, and now it's been three and still mum's nowhere to be seen..
At least grandma is here most of the time, though she is sometimes bugging us too much. We wanna sleep but she wants to give us stuff. Not that we'd mind but sometimes we just wanna nap. Grandpa is also here, he gives us nightly pellets too. Yum-yum!
Mum did get us that xpen before leaving, so yay to more nightly space; we can snooze on the carpet or zoom at earlier hours. It's nice but where is mum?

Storm here!
Mum had gone on an adventure without us, what a person! Though as they didn't take us along, i think that it served them right that i forgot them for a while. How could mum just disappear on us? Well, at least we got gifts! A willow tunnel with hay, some lovely herb mix, and some sort of natural fibre insulation mats? Organic litter pads? Nesting material? We don't know but it was fun to destroy.
Then mum made us a biig willow tunnel, big enough for me to pass through with relative ease. They didn't like that i wanted to eat and move the entertainment. What did i do wrong?
Then they went on like nothing had ever happened. Until summer hit.
First, there was a small hill full of tasty stuff but we were always chased away. Apparently we weren't supposed to eat those chrysantemums.
Then mum began disappearing for a few days and then reappear for the next few. It's been going on for a while and is extremely disorienting. Granny's sometimes been a nuisance when mum's not around to supervise.
(Today, mum made me spit out half a chunk of white, strawberry-cookie chocolate that granny gave us. Bleh, those fingers don't taste good.)
And then, sometime later they got packages. We had a new bit of floor for a while, until Iris decided to chew a hole straight in the middle of it. It recently got swapped for some weird floor- not soft unless we jump on it, but not slippery and slick like the cool tiles we'd gotten before. It's acceptable and my queen hasn't decided to destroy it. Mum did dismantle her bunk by annoyed force and pushed the remaining bit next to out home. They intend to be flatmate with us? Okay, since my lady had decided that the corner between the bed, dresser and our wall is a perfect place to take cover. It's not too shabby.
Then mum got another package the noon earlier. It was something that glows at night and is quite soft, but i was chased away because i surprised mum. Was i not supposed to be where i was at? Did they think that i'd try to bite off one of those attractive, soft chunks again? Why can't i?
(No, sir, with all due respect, please stay away from my brand new business-grade laptop, especially its soft and glowy keys. And stop jumpscaring me by suddenly boing-ing up to the bed in front of my face from literally nowhere. Thank you, my dear.)

Iris here!
I've been a good lady, fair and loving and affectionate. Though my king doesn't always seem so fond of it. He'll run away from me. How could he? He allowed me into his home, courted me and we live together harmoniously, yet he dares refuse my passion? Sometimes he'll run off to mum-in-law, asking them to help him. And they often do. Where did i go wrong?
(The royal lady literally tries to hump her hubby so often that he runs to me for assistance. It seems to be an incurable illness of hers. Just today, Storm ran to me from underneath the bed, Iris following close behind, actively deeding while he was trying to make a run for it. No wonder he dislikes those affections.)
But i'm good-i clean him and warn him of dangers, keep him warm and even hug him close. I share my findings and affection with both the king and mum-in-law. I even help with decorating the estate! I bring stuff closer to and entertain him, accompany him for nearly everything. Is my display of affection still not enough? Anyway, there've been rumours that the royal estate might move somewhere far, far away from our grandparents. Either that, or our royal attendee is abandoning us. Who knows?

Storm here!
Mum had gone on an adventure without us, what a person! Though as they didn't take us along, i think that it served them right that i forgot them for a while. How could mum just disappear on us? Well, at least we got gifts! A willow tunnel with hay, some lovely herb mix, and some sort of natural fibre insulation mats? Organic litter pads? Nesting material? We don't know but it was fun to destroy.
Then mum made us a biig willow tunnel, big enough for me to pass through with relative ease. They didn't like that i wanted to eat and move the entertainment. What did i do wrong?
Then they went on like nothing had ever happened. Until summer hit.
First, there was a small hill full of tasty stuff but we were always chased away. Apparently we weren't supposed to eat those chrysantemums.
Then mum began disappearing for a few days and then reappear for the next few. It's been going on for a while and is extremely disorienting. Granny's sometimes been a nuisance when mum's not around to supervise.
(Today, mum made me spit out half a chunk of white, strawberry-cookie chocolate that granny gave us. Bleh, those fingers don't taste good.)
And then, sometime later they got packages. We had a new bit of floor for a while, until Iris decided to chew a hole straight in the middle of it. It recently got swapped for some weird floor- not soft unless we jump on it, but not slippery and slick like the cool tiles we'd gotten before. It's acceptable and my queen hasn't decided to destroy it. Mum did dismantle her bunk by annoyed force and pushed the remaining bit next to out home. They intend to be flatmate with us? Okay, since my lady had decided that the corner between the bed, dresser and our wall is a perfect place to take cover. It's not too shabby.
Then mum got another package the noon earlier. It was something that glows at night and is quite soft, but i was chased away because i surprised mum. Was i not supposed to be where i was at? Did they think that i'd try to bite off one of those attractive, soft chunks again? Why can't i?
(No, sir, with all due respect, please stay away from my brand new business-grade laptop, especially its soft and glowy keys. And stop jumpscaring me by suddenly boing-ing up to the bed in front of my face from literally nowhere. Thank you, my dear.)

Iris here!
I've been a good lady, fair and loving and affectionate. Though my king doesn't always seem so fond of it. He'll run away from me. How could he? He allowed me into his home, courted me and we live together harmoniously, yet he dares refuse my passion? Sometimes he'll run off to mum-in-law, asking them to help him. And they often do. Where did i go wrong?
(The royal lady literally tries to hump her hubby so often that he runs to me for assistance. It seems to be an incurable illness of hers. Just today, Storm ran to me from underneath the bed, Iris following close behind, actively deeding while he was trying to make a run for it. No wonder he dislikes those affections.)
But i'm good-i clean him and warn him of dangers, keep him warm and even hug him close. I share my findings and affection with both the king and mum-in-law. I even help with decorating the estate! I bring stuff closer to and entertain him, accompany him for nearly everything. Is my display of affection still not enough? Anyway, there've been rumours that the royal estate might move somewhere far, far away from our grandparents. Either that, or our royal attendee is abandoning us. Who kno

Continue with what, exactly? Mum is away from us, again, who-knows-where.* They can't explain what we've been up to. Granny did tell them that either my partner, i or possibly both of us basically wasted the money, what was almost 40€, that mum spent on our new floor since it's supposedly now full of chew holes and shreds of gym foam. Mum is yet to come back to assess the damage, they'll be home tuesday morning, so there's still some way until that happens. Maybe grandpa will share a picture sometime sooner, who knows. Then mum will have to see if they can salvage something or just scrap it and start from zero again.

*in all honesty, i've been working shifts at one of the beach cafe things to get some money for the move, rent and other daily nescessities before i can get a stable part-time going at the new city. At the moment, i could live a few months completely off my savings, but i would still absolutely need at least a 0.5 time-pressure (part-time with half the usual hours?) job to sustain myself and the royal duo.
I'm quite a bit anxious as to how my royal pair will deal with the nearly 8-hour public transport commute including a 2.5hr train and 20min ferry and 4-hr bus drive, kicking it off with a 30-min car drive to said train station. My route would be: car, train, bus, ferry, bus, by foot/taxi->apartment.
But buns' stuff takes up a lot of space, especially the 60*90cm panels that weigh a ton when combined into one flat-ish package, plus their new 70*90 toilet, 15kg bag of pellets, pee pads, bale of hay, etc etc. I'll save it for a new thread to get answers, but leave it here too just for people to know.

Latest posts

Back