Bunny care advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorothy Silverio

Reaction score
Evening to you all, so my boyfriend and I adopted a bunny from a shelter. She’s 2 years old and was spayed 5 days ago. Last night she kept me up till 2am hopping around and nibbling at things. I noticed this morning and yesterday (being her first night with us) that she’s been chewing the bars on her cage. I got her toys for her but she still chews on the bars. How can I get her to stop? Also how can I let her know it’s time for bed? I let her run around most of the day in our living room till she gets tired. But I certainly don’t want to stay up night after night. Help please! I want to be a good mom to her.

Evening to you all, so my boyfriend and I adopted a bunny from a shelter. She’s 2 years old and was spayed 5 days ago. Last night she kept me up till 2am hopping around and nibbling at things. I noticed this morning and yesterday (being her first night with us) that she’s been chewing the bars on her cage. I got her toys for her but she still chews on the bars. How can I get her to stop? Also how can I let her know it’s time for bed? I let her run around most of the day in our living room till she gets tired. But I certainly don’t want to stay up night after night. Help please! I want to be a good mom to her.
If free roam/free range is an option, do it. I did it and haven't looked back. Shes trying to be let out by chewing on the cage bars. You can also try hanging toys to hang on the bars on the area she likes to chew. It could also just be hormones from her spay. Welcome to the rabbit community!

With regards to letting her know it’s bedtime, I made sure my rabbit had a solid night time routine so she’d know it’s bedtime and time to quieten down now - top up hay, sprinkle a couple of treats around and hang up a sheet so she couldnt stare at me all night waiting for morning to come (used to creep me right out!). Maybe putting a sheet over the cage will teach her it is bedtime now?

Latest posts

Back