Bunny breed? I think scruffles is a mini lop mix breed.. But I'm not sure. Any input?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, that's the cutest. Definitely some variety of lop mix and some variety of not lop :p Adorable though :)

Looks like a sable lop. I don't know about being a mix but the face looks similar to my Holland Lop.. no matter what
that is one cute rabbit!!! More photos please!

Vanessa

Sometimes, shocking enough. Pure lops just don't Lop.

Can I have a picture of his head side on? Please.

Sometimes the crown on a mini lop doesn't develop completely preventing the ears from lopping properly. This could be the case here, or possibly mixed I'm no expert haha. That bun is truly adorable though, I love helicopter ears! :p

Selina
:brownbunny

There's obviously some lop in there, but as to what else or what sort of lop, I couldn't say ("lop" just means the ears hang down). We have a Rabbit Identification Key here on RO which might be of some help - http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f29/what-breed-my-bunny-start-here-77893/

I don't know what country you're in - in case you weren't aware, "mini lop" has two different meanings depending on whether you follow the US or British/European naming conventions. The US "mini lop" is a British "dwarf lop", and the British "mini lop" is the US "Holland lop" - it's somewhat confusing when we have two members arguing what they're looking at, and they really mean the same thing, but from two different naming systems.

He is adorable though. I love his earsImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393866019.373796.jpg this is him as a baby about 2 months old

Seeing him like that he looks fairly pure but his face doesn't look flat enough although his ears are short and wide and definitely look floppy but he could just have too small of a crown. I have a pet bun like that she never lopped properly despite both her parents being purebreds she looks like a cross but isn't.

Send me a picture of his hind feet, if he is a cross they'll be longer and thinner than a purebred lop as they have short thick back feet.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393875206.384704.jpg

This is the best pic I've got of his back feet right now. He is a baby here. 2 months ish at the time

I can get another once I get home of his 6 month old feet.

At his 3 month appt he was about 2 pounds. My guess is that he roughly gained a pound or two. I tried weighing him but he didn't stay on the scale long enough for me to catch the weight. He is 6 months

Scruffles is about 4 pounds. He is 6 months old. The vet set that he is not going to get much bigger. I did my best to get those pictures. However, the back view picture didn't work so well. Scruffles decided picture time was over [ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878951.708648.jpgATTACH]8646[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878813.656072.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878832.182916.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878872.251219.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878893.573709.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878923.824107.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878796.816051.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393878796.816051.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back