Bunny Break (sort of)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagadvocate

Reaction score
Hi all, as some of you may know, I lost my boy Charlie a couple of weeks ago. He was my only bun since I lost Buddy then Carmel barely a year apart, and then Charlie barely a month after Carmel.

Charlie's death affected me in a way that I didn't think possible for me. It broke my heart and my spirit to say the least. I cried every day for my boy, racking my brain for answers and barely able to get out of bed. For the first time in 6 years I didn't have a bun waiting eagerly to be fed in the morning, or to have his ears scratched in the evening. I looked around at the many bunny decorations that I've accumulated and that made me sob. Charlie's beloved APD hay arrived on the Friday after he passed. That one nearly did me in.

For a bit I was scrambling to get another bun. Desperate to fill the gaping hole in my heart. But when I was able to really think about it, I knew deep down that I was no where near ready. The bun I was so frantically searching for was my Charlie, and only my Charlie.

So I let things settle for a minute, tried to clear my head a bit. What do you know...quite by happenstance and crazy coincidence, a tiny little dog came into my life. Needing a home badly, and someone to love him.

I haven't had a dog in...I don't know how many years. I was hesitant to say the least. But this little guy is still just a baby and has already been shuffled through houses and had found no home.

So now I have a goofy little chihuahua named Bruce. I am totally in unknown territory. I've been reading and researching as much as I can about puppies and Chihuahuas, trying to give him the very best care and love that I can.

But I've been in bun mode so long that I am definitely having several "duh" moments. I still cry for my boy, but Bruce doesn't seem to let that go on for long. He needs me now.

So my heart will continue to heal, and this little dog will (hopefully) thrive in his forever home. I will have buns again someday (in the not so distant future I hope). I believe firmly that rabbits arespecial and unique in a way that no other animal is. And there is nothing that can compare to the love a bun can give. But for a while, I will stick to volunteering to help buns in rescue and doing whatever I can to help any bun in need.

I'll still be hanging around here though...gotta have my RO/bun fix! :D And hopefully I can still chime in from time to time.

I just wanted to share because I really love this forum and all of the wonderful devoted bunny slaves that are a part of it. Thanks for reading guys

-Beth

P3230064.jpg

Oh, Beth, I'm not sure how I missed the news about Charlie. I'm so sorry :( It must have been incredibly difficult to lost three buns so close together, I remember how torn up I was after Cinnabun died and tripling that pain must be horrendous. I'm really glad though that Bruce came into your life, it sounds like you need each other! He is a very cute little guy. Hopefully he will get a little bunny brother or sister when the right time comes! I agree with you, bunnies are so incredibly special... They are like no other animal. Soon my third bunny will be joining us, that will make all three of my buns less than a year apart in age. The oldest just turned 1 last week, but I'm already dreading a few years from now when I'll have three elderly bunnies who might die close together... Just like what you had happen. I'm so sorry!

I look forward to continuing to see you around on the forum! Can't wait to hear more about Bruce!

Aww...Bruce is so adorable!!

I think maybe a change of pace will help you be able to heal a little from your loss. I know the sadness will always be there...but I have a feeling Bruce was sent to you for a reason...:)

He's wonderfully cute, too...what a face...and what a beautiful color he is! :)

:hugsquish:

Bruce is adorable! I LOVE Chi's. We've had our Norman for a year now, and he loves everybun. Him & our Mini Rex Noel are best friends. Not one of our rabbits does not get along with him - and he is just so special.

Good luck with your little guy :)They are very special little dogs.

Latest posts

Back