Bunny bounded with cat.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxi

Reaction score
I have a Lionhead bunny, I got him when he was 8 weeks and he is now 12 weeks. My bunny and my cat are in love lol, like best friends, they snuggle together, sleep together, the cat grooms the bunny and the bunny seems to love it.
When the bunny is out free roaming in the house (supervised) the two still stick close together, the bunny follows the cat ever where.
Is this normal? It's adorable but I never imagined this friendship.

20604420_10155538968501031_6917114737761064341_n.jpg

It happens. You're really lucky though, I'm jealous... my rabbits lived with my parents' cat who spent the whole 5 years of cohabitation trying to gut them (it's a cat they found outside though, so he's like a super killing machine when it comes to small creatures) and now with my dog whose only obsession is to grab plushy like things to shake them... needless to say there is NO bunny time for him ever (and no cat time when we're at my parents), he can only enter the rabbit's room when he's on a down stay in front of the door while I do things inside of it. I've also got a tortoise which the dog is obsessed with (for chewing purpose _ _ '). I've had the worst luck when it comes to making animals from different species co-exist.
Nevertheless, you probably know this already but never leave them together unsupervized. I've heard of cats suddenly killing the rabbit they had been best friends with for years - it can happen anytime with no prior warning sign, like during a game gone wrong or because of the rabbit 'turning on' a sleeping hunting instinct by doing something. It only takes one second...

My cat and one rabbit are also VERY close. The rabbit ends up annoying the cat more often than not (he won't ever leave her alone). :) They snuggle a lot, but both are very active, so it never lasts for more than a few minutes.

Cats and rabbits getting along isn't unusual. Always sweet to see it though.

There was another member on RO that fairly recently posted some adorable photos of her rabbit and cats snuggling. Hopefully she'll see this and post again. (Can't remember who it was :ponder: )

Dogs can also get along with rabbits.

100_2984.jpg

That's so cute! I can't even get one of my buns to bond with the other two, let alone a different species. :p

Just a quick note, that's an awful lot of strawberries for one little bun! Strawberries should be treated like special little treats; a thumbnail sized piece is a good indicator.

I posted several months ago about our Abe hanging out with our cats. They still get along pretty ok most of the time, the problem was we moved to a new apartment a few months ago and Abe just completely lost the concept of all of his litter box habits, he mounted the cats for a little while after the move, and now he's started to spray the cats with urine when he approachs them. Needless to say, bunny has been in quarantine away from the cats upstairs until he remembers where to do his bunny business.

I hope your friendship lasts forever! This is my most recent picture of Fuzzbucket and Abe who just finished off the basil plant next to him :)

View attachment 1504736672690.jpg

Latest posts

Back