Bunny bonding- Mutual grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBunnyMomma

Reaction score
So I have been bonding Sully (Spayed female) and Beau (neutered male) and the y have been pretty easy so far. Sully is the alfa bunny and demands grroms from Beau constantly which he happily provides.

I never see Sully groom him this whole time which I realize is not unusual, so I was ecstatic when I saw her groom him twice this week when she thought I couldn't see her.

Any of your dominant bunnies only groom their mates in private?

7302140890_977e90fc97.jpg

Oh My Goodness what an ADORABLE couple.

I very seldom ever see Vega groom Winston, where he is contantly grooming her. Sometimes so much he licks her fur off (poor baby). I feel bad for Winston, he's so sweet with Vega, all he wants is a few kisses.

But to see 2 Bunnies cuddling is the best.

When I was married and we had Wilbur and Jackie they were so "IN LOVE" I could sit and watch them for hours being together. They moved with the ex over a year ago. My Beautiful Jackie went to the Rainbow Bridge :cry4:last October. I have no idea how Wilbur has coped since then. I can only pray he's doing fine.

Looking forward to seeing LOTS of pictures of your "Love Bunnies":heartbeat:.

Susan:)

I am going through the same thing right now! Luna is definitely more dominant than Thumper (she will mount him), Thumper is more docile, but will lower his head demanding grooming, which they both do. They are both trying to be the dominant one (but I predict Luna will win), but yesterday I saw Luna sneak in some quick grooming of Thumper. I was so happy because that means things are moving in the right direction. Good luck to you and your cute buns!

Becky is the boss and Gary grooms her a lot. Sometimes I feel bad for him because he will bow and put his head under her chin but she ignores it. I have caught her grooming him when she thought I was sleeping, so I think Becky is similar that she will only groom him in private. Perhaps it goes against her tough girl self immage? They snuggle together frequently. When Becky was sick last week Gary even gave up his run time to stay snuggled with her. He's very devoted.

Between the other pair Sophie is dominant but I don't see alot of grooming going either way. I know she is not grooming him like his late bunwife did because his fur (angora) is much more tangled behind his ears now. They lay snuggled together a lot though so I'm not worried. I'm guessing there's more kissing going on when I'm not in the room.

Latest posts

Back