Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breemarie77

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently adopted a 3yo fixed female and I have a 1yo unfixed male. He’s getting fixed but it’s not until January.
I have their cages in the same room, and I’m actually thinking about separating them now as he has started spraying and not eating as much because he can’t stop thinking about her, even when she’s locked up and they cannot see each other.
My main concern/sadness is about my males behavior. We were super close/bonded and best friends basically, he followed me everywhere, cuddled, ect.And now he won’t even stay near me for a second because he’s so focused on the new addition. Will he go back to liking me after he’s fixed or have I lost him forever ?

It's hormones. Once he's settled (can take up to 6-8 weeks post surgery) and bonded with the new girl, he should be back to his normal self.

I do agree with your idea of separating the two (separate rooms) until a couple months after his surgery.

Latest posts

Back