Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamelNewt528962

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Addi. I'm a 13 year-old girl who has the sweetest (evilest) cutest (meanest) devil bunny named Minnie (short for Cinnamon) I am open for tips and snack ideas that will keep her healthy. She is a light cream colored holland lop and she is 10 weeks old. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I encourage you to make a bunny blog too if you haven't already!!!!

dsc00803_orig.jpg

I mean you shouldn’t give her snacks and stuff until she’s older, even veggies.. it’s better to only give her 1/8 cup of young rabbits pellets and unlimited alfalfa hay and water

it’s better to only give her 1/8 cup of young rabbits pellets and unlimited alfalfa hay and water
Actually, she should get timothy hay when she is young since that is what she will be eating for the rest of her life. And, it is hard to change a rabbit's diet from Alfalfa to Timothy because they like Alfalfa more.

Actually, she should get timothy hay when she is young since that is what she will be eating for the rest of her life. And, it is hard to change a rabbit's diet from Alfalfa to Timothy because they like Alfalfa more.
Really! I thought that alfalfa is better for young rabbits so they can get as much nutritions while growing up.. I got haru when she was older so I don’t have much experience with young rabbits

Read that up to 4 months alfalfa is best as it is higher in calcium and protein. Next 2 months they should be transitioned to hay only. We use orchard grass as I have a major allergy to timothy. The transition time is a bit of a trial, but we have done it with more than 20 adoptees.

Really! I thought that alfalfa is better for young rabbits so they can get as much nutritions while growing up.. I got haru when she was older so I don’t have much experience with young rabbits
If the rabbit is eating young rabbit pellets, they are alfalfa based. That is all the alfalfa that a young rabbit needs. It is best to always start young rabbits out on timothy hay so they are used to eating it.

Latest posts

Back