Bunny bitting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athena

Reaction score
My bunny Koda just turned 4 months and has always been a sweetie, lately she has been growling, biting, running away from me. Im not sure if shes just hormonal or if this is going to be a problem. She is not fixed I have an appointment set for her to be spayed in August. If this is hormones is there anyway to calm her down and keep her from biting people.1527042643071.jpeg

Sounds completely hormonal. Good you've got her scheduled. Might want to see if you can get her in sooner though.

Hormones can certainly interfere with any training but you could try a couple things in the meantime. One is learn her warning signs. Growling can be a warning to let you know she doesn't like whatever it is you are doing. If that is ignored, a bite may follow. So try to learn her body language and avoid doing what bothers her.

If she does bite you can try 2 different things. One is to let out a high-pitched yelp to let her know she hurt you. This may work with some rabbits. OR, you could, immediately after a bite, hold her head down gently but firmly for several seconds. This is how a momma may discipline her kits.

Hormones are making her grumpy, so don't expect her to behave like a baby. Most babies are sweet and tolerant. Once spayed and once she's adult, you'll get to see her true personality.

Latest posts

Back