Bunny bite: Any quick advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binkylife

Reaction score
My mini Rex got bit on the lip today by my Flemish rabbit. The Flemish was in a pen and the mini Rex put her face in the pen. I didn’t even noticed what happened till my Rex sat on the couch next to me. She acted like nothing happened, but now her lip is swollen and I am not sure what to do, besides taking her to the vet. Unfortunately no vet wants to deal with anything unless it’s a dyer emergency. So I am trying to figure out what I can do for her. She’s eating fine. But the swelling looks painful and overall I feel terrible about what happened.

Attachments

• 5DFEF1FD-E603-464B-9F74-D1F0C9BA51AD.jpeg
    5DFEF1FD-E603-464B-9F74-D1F0C9BA51AD.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 6
I would put a cold cloth on it to reduce the swelling, and then Neosporin on it. If she is acting normal I would not be worried.

I would put a cold cloth on it to reduce the swelling, and then Neosporin on it. If she is acting normal I would not be worried.
Thank you. I did do those things earlier (of course she ate the neosporin). But I wasn’t sure what else I should do. She’s chittering next to me, so she’s obviously fine. It just looks worse than it is. 😞

Poor bun...don’t worry i think she will be fine I agree put Ice just to calm down the swelling. Hope she heals soon🙂

Latest posts

Back