Bunny barking..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello, 40 minutes ago I posted about my bunny circling๐Ÿ™‚. I thought that she wanted food but no..
Almost three weeks ago i got her a new litter box and since then she had only peed inside. But this week she peed three times outside of the litter box, Her litter started to smell, and the circling was today. A moment ago I was cleaning her litter and she made a sound.. I donโ€™t know what it is but it was like barking, I think that itโ€™s time to get her spayed. About her attitude, does females do that too?I thought that the noises and the circling are males doings. Can I wait for two more weeks to get her spayed or will it become worse?

Yup, thatโ€™s her hormones kicking in, congrats you have a teenage bun ๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‡
Guide me please.. haru isnโ€™t only my first rabbit, she is also my first pet and the first animal that I have ever touched. Do I need to feed her or treat her differently? do i need to do anything to help her?and can i wait more before spaying her or will she get worse?will she become agressive?

Guide me please.. haru isnโ€™t only my first rabbit, she is also my first pet and the first animal that I have ever touched. Do I need to feed her or treat her differently? do i need to do anything to help her?and can i wait more before spaying her or will she get worse?will she become agressive?

So first, congrats on your first pet! Second, what is her age and what are you currently feeding her? That way we can let you know if she needs a diet change! Also, my Poppy girl sounds just like your baby, she definitely had a rebellious teen faze. She calmed down pretty quick after her spay, but I do warn you that getting a female spayed is not the cheapest or simplest procedure.

Well first I would recommend reading this
https://bunnylady.com/rabbit-life-stages/
This explains it better than I can ๐Ÿ˜…

A growing rabbit needs different foods than a older rabbit.

About teenage bun your rabbit will become territorial and will want to mate. She might have false pregnancies and try to bite, lunge, or growl if you โ€˜threatenโ€™ her territory.
- Try changing her litter box while shes asleep

You canโ€™t really do anything just try to have patience.๐Ÿ˜Š
Once you get her spayed she wonโ€™t have that urge & will go back to being the previous bun.
I really canโ€™t stress enough getting a great rabbit vet.

I love her name.

Last edited:
So first, congrats on your first pet! Second, what is her age and what are you currently feeding her? That way we can let you know if she needs a diet change! Also, my Poppy girl sounds just like your baby, she definitely had a rebellious teen faze. She calmed down pretty quick after her spay, but I do warn you that getting a female spayed is not the cheapest or simplest procedure.
Next week she will be 6 months. I feed her timothy hay all the time, one cup of veggies, i give her 1/4 cup every 3 hours or so. A little bit less than 1/8 pellets, and a spoon of fruits. Some sites says I should give her one spoon every week and others say every day, Iโ€™m confused. Last time the vet weighted her she was 1.24kg. Also.. itโ€™s really hard to find good vets in my country and I donโ€™t think we have a rabbit savvy vet, the only vet that said that they spay rabbits said that i would leave her there for four hours and I would take her after the surgery is that normal?I thought that I would leave her there for a day or two until she gets slightly better?how can i take care of her right after the surgery?

Well first I would recommend reading this
https://bunnylady.com/rabbit-life-stages/
This explains it better than I can ๐Ÿ˜…

A growing rabbit needs different foods than a older rabbit.

About teenage bun your rabbit will become territorial and will want to mate. She might have false pregnancies and try to bite, lunge, or growl if you โ€˜threatenโ€™ her territory.
- Try changing her litter box while shes asleep

You canโ€™t really do anything just try to have patience.๐Ÿ˜Š
Once you get her spayed she wonโ€™t have that urge & will go back to being the previous bun.
I really canโ€™t stress enough getting a great rabbit vet.

I love her name.

Thank you very much, what does lunge mean?

Are false pregnancies bad?what can i do about it?

Nothing really just have patience with her
false pregnancyโ€™s are were a rabbit thinks sheโ€™s pregnant (doesโ€™nt even have to mate)
Theyโ€™ll will build a nest, (pluck fur), & become territorial (ect)
these behaviors greatly subdue after spay (-1-2 months after)

The vet your planning to go with how many rabbits do they see weekly ?

This House Rabbit Society Vet list is US based but,
it has questions to ask to make sure you get the best possible vet.

Latest posts

Back