Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My bun Bella was left out last night in my bedroom because she wanted to sleep on my bed. This happens a lot and sometimes she’ll sit and “groom” my face and nibble at my baby hairs....... but last night went a bit too far

I woke up with a massive chunk of my hair gone! She’s managed to chew off a huge section of my hair at the back only leaving a few inches behind... Thank god my hair is pretty messy natural anyway so it blends in but I’m more concerned about Bella’s general health.

She definitely ate the whole bit, and my hair is down to my boobs so she’s managed to eat a good five inches at least... Why has she eaten so much and is she going to be okay? Any advice appreciated

Hello, as to why she ate it, it could have something to do with shampoo or something like that.

My best advice is keep an eye on stool make sure she is eating her hay. If you have access to any digestive support tablets such as Sherwood I would give those. At this point as long as what went in comes out she should be fine. Within about 24 hours what went in should come out.

HAY HAY HAY! You can give fresh pineapple or papaya these help the digestive system. Just make sure she keeps eating if she stops vet ASAP.

Latest posts

Back