bunny ate chocolate (resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaylierim

Reaction score
My bunny about 6 pounds ate a really small 2.5 in. twix bar (mini not regular sized) and I think about a 1 by 1 in bite size snicker. Should I be concerned? I dont know how much theobromine that is. I don't know what to do because most information is on dogs. Thank you so much.

Keep an eye that she keeps pooping as usual. If she keeps eating and poos are normal, she'll be just fine.
oh my gosh thank you so much this makes me feel so much better. Everyone is booked right now and its hard to get bunny advice especially since not many people have them. I will update to see how everything goes because other people experiencing this might need this thread. A million thank yous.

IF ANYONE ELSE CAN COMMENT PLEASE DO SO (I need more reassurance)

My first bun once stole a whole row of chocolate, the real one, not some twix, ran away with it and gobbled it up.
Afterwards he cleared two big handfuls of hay almost instantly, emptied all of the water in his bowl, and he was absolutely fine afterwards.
Although true, he was twice the size of your bunny, and he had quite an impressive gut, handling all the junk he was given/what he'd stolen.
So you can rest assured that most stuff rabbits aren't supposed to eat can be passed with loads of hay and water.

I have 2 Bunnies that my nephew gave me about 2+ years ago to keep my 10 chickens company, He has always raised chickens and bunnies together with no problems, my bunnies are brothers Smokie in this photo is now 2 as well as Bandit but the photo of bandit is when I first got them .
I had to separate them because they fight now that they are older any ideas on how to keep them from fighting BTW their are wild females in the area here in Bryson City N.C. (yeah i put some food out for them too)

Attachments

• Chicken Coop (7).JPG
    Chicken Coop (7).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Smokie Full.jpg
    Smokie Full.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Bandit.JPG
    Bandit.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1
I have 2 Bunnies that my nephew gave me about 2+ years ago to keep my 10 chickens company, He has always raised chickens and bunnies together with no problems, my bunnies are brothers Smokie in this photo is now 2 as well as Bandit but the photo of bandit is when I first got them .
I had to separate them because they fight now that they are older any ideas on how to keep them from fighting BTW their are wild females in the area here in Bryson City N.C. (yeah i put some food out for them too)

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's best to start your own new thread. Your question doesn't have to do with eating chocolate, and since this thread is "resolved" not many will look here or see it.

To create your own thread, go to "Forums" at the top of the page and click. There you will see various topics. The one for your question would be "Nutrition & Behavior" since you are asking about your rabbits' behavior. Click on that and at the top of the list, you'll see a bar that you can click on beside your "J" icon (states "thread title").

Just type a title. You can copy/paste into the message box what you've already written above.

Latest posts

Back