Bunny and Elly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Bunny and Elly arrive at our place this afternoon to stay with us for a few weeks. :bunnydance:

Fuzzy and her sister will be away for a holiday overseas.
We bunny sat Bunny at few years ago, and this is the first time for Elly.
Elly was adopted by Fuzzyfrom the Edmonton Humane Society duringthe mass surrender of rabbits back in April-2008.

24pytjn.jpg

Bunny

15y6ukj.jpg

Elly

My bunnies! :inlove:
Thanks for starting a blog, Stan. They've only been gone for a few hours and I miss them so much already!
Are they all settled in now? I hope they're not causing you too much trouble.

They are doing fine. I weighed them, had them in the basement (one by one) for a little run, brushed Bunny some more. They ate a little and have lots of big poops (very big poops compared to my two).

Do I have to place food right in front of them to eat? Because Elly doesn't seem to want to come out of her litter box. Iused Bunny's white water bowl for Elly, andgave another heavier bowlto Bunny for water.

They both go nuts when they hear us opening the pellet container. Elly and Bunny practically attack us for their pellet bowl.
Sorry, I'll post more later.

Hi Stan
Has Elly come out of her litterbox yet?
The white water bowl is hers. Bunny uses a bottle because whenever he drinks from a bowl his face and "chest hair" gets all wet lol. Is Bunny eating ok?

Fuzzy wrote:
Has Elly come out of her litterbox yet?

At times she will sit in her litterbox, but more often she is on the cage floor. I used her blanket a few times, but she digs at it and moves it to the side and then lays on the plastic floor. It is Bunny who sits in his litterbox the most but he does come out once in awhile.

I use bowls (food and water) for both bunnies. The heavy water bowls I haveis no problem. Bunny can drink out of it without getting wet, or spilling it.

They are eating fine, and pooping good. Elly weighs 2330 grams and is fairly consistence. Bunny's weight is up and down, from 2430 grams to 2340 grams. Depending on which hay I give, their poops vary from large light brown poops, to medium dark brown poops.

They are so easy to care for and so much fun to have. Can I keep them? :biggrin2:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
They are so easy to care for and so much fun to have. Can I keep them? :biggrin2:
No way!:duel
You must have your hands full right now with 4 little bunners.
When we come back for Bunny and Elly feel free to send Pebbles and Bebe along as well!

Igave Bunny and Elly time together in the basement run last night. They immediately ran to each other, and Bunny was exactly grooming Elly. Elly would press her head under Bunny waiting for him to groom. Bunny is still tentative when it comes to running around the play pen. He only wants to sit in one spot most of the time. I have brushed him so much, you might not recognize him when you see him. Elly is sorelaxed that she flops out on the floor.

Geez, I just posted on here but it's not showing up.

I said "great pictures Stan "As always".

Also those coloured things you have on the floor, do the bunnies chew on them? I've seen them at Wallymart for pretty cheap. I was thinking of getting them for Winston & Vega's run area.

Susan :)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Also those coloured things you have on the floor, do the bunnies chew on them?
Some bunnies do and some don't. Just like the plastic screens on the litter box. The mat is a soft foam type that can show scratches if they dig in it, and have chunks missing if they bite into it. When the rabbit runs on it, there is a clop clop sound from their feet. The traction is not as good as a carpet, so the binkies are mild and controlled. If they pee on the mat, the pee will puddle on top, and you have to wipe it up.If you don't,theywill step on the pee and track it all over the place. I got mine from Canadian Tire when they were on sale for $9.99 in a package of 4 mats.

10dfukh.jpg

You can see Elly nibbling on the edge of the mats.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
and Bunny was exactly grooming Elly. Elly would press her head under Bunny waiting for him to groom.
Bunny was grooming Elly?? On his own? That's a first :shock:
At home Elly would flop near me when I'm cleaning her cage, and then she would just lie there and stare at me. As if she's supervising me to make sure I'm doing a good job lol. Her expressions are hilarious.

Latest posts

Back