Bunny adjusting to new home.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My niece gave me a small adult rabbit about 3 lbs.
She rescued the rabbit and have cared for it a 1 1/2 years. It has been a indoor pet. And had free run of the house.
I have had Cinn-a-bun for two days. He does eat and drink, but will not leave his litter box. Which is the same box he had at my nieces home.
How long will it take for him to adjust to his new home.home?

A few weeks, maybe more. Moving to a new home is always stressful, especially when he’s been living somewhere else for 1 1/2 years. Just make sure he’s eating, drinking, and pooping fine, and he should settle in.

He should be fine, both my rabbits had a long time to warm up to me and they both started out in cages so it made it a bit harder and one of them was most likely abused in her past home.

What is the flooring like? They need non-slip floor. Does he have hiding places with 2 exits? Two days is no time at all, it can take them several weeks to settle into a new home. Just spend a lot of time with him, sitting or lying on the floor, let him come to you. Enjoy your new baby!

Latest posts

Back