BUNNY ACTING WEIRD PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbject

Reaction score
My bunny has a whole room to herself and when we take her out she’s usually happy to come out unless she’s a little sleepy but today was different. I would look in her tunnel and see if she just needed a little waking up to show her she can come out but every time i would check on her she would be plopped down again. Almost 3 hours later i go see her and she’s not in her room, she’s outside her room now but still laying down. I pet her and she accepts and usually she’ll lick me back but she didn’t want to this time, I went away to see if maybe she would accept a treat and i came back and saw she was laying down again and didn’t want a treat. I gave her food and water just like everyday and she continued to just stay laid down. Suddenly I couldn’t find her, I had looked everywhere and then i saw her blended in next to the chimney, crouched down and not moving. This is very unlike her and she never lays down next to the chimney. I noticed she was panting and I could see a bit of her bones on her back. I never forget to feed her and her bowl was empty from her obviously eating it so this is very bizarre to me. It’s also been getting colder the past few days and her ears are cold. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her?

Rabbits can handle pretty cold temperatures. Rabbits also eat sometimes even when they are sick to hide their illness. Does she get up and hop? I don't know what is wrong, but it could be a physical injury. Rabbits have fragile backs and she could have a spinal chord injury. Whatever it is, she needs to see a vet.

I hope by this point you were able to take your bunny to the Vet. They sound unwell to me and they could have the beginnings of GI stasis. Please give us a update. Were you able to find out what is going on?

Latest posts

Back