Bunny acting unusually weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sana Khanam

Reaction score
I have a doe around 1.8 years old. She isn't neutered but she has always been one of the calmest and friendliest bunny I've ever known. But since yesterday she has been acting weird, it's actually has started to worry me.

She is chasing and biting everyone and everything, also groaning and honking all day. She looks too annoyed and is being too much aggressive . I find her sitting in an isolated area most of the time🙁. I always had a great bonding with her and this has never ever happened before.
She is eating, and doing normal poop. I don't understand why this drastic change in behaviour? What should I do? Is something wrong with my bunny?

It could be hormones. Honking is usually an expression of hormonal behavior, or it can also happen when they get excited about something. But if she is groaning, it could possibly be related to hormones too or it could be an indication of a health problem. And health problems can cause unusual changes of behavior like this as well. But usually if they aren't feeling well it will affect their appetite. Is her eating the same or has it decreased at all?

It could be hormones. Honking is usually an expression of hormonal behavior, or it can also happen when they get excited about something. But if she is groaning, it could possibly be related to hormones too or it could be an indication of a health problem. And health problems can cause unusual changes of behavior like this as well. But usually if they aren't feeling well it will affect their appetite. Is her eating the same or has it decreased at all?
She is eating the same. There isn't any change in her appetite. There's only change in her behaviour, she has completely turned into a new bunny , chasing and biting everyone.🙁

Hi, how many rabbits do you have there, they are all not neutered I guess?

I see from your previous thread that you had babies 25th July so if they are still with you they are nearly 4 months old now and it is time for them to become fertile/hormonal and start smelling like adult males/females. This can irritate her (it is if you still have them) and as already said above honking can be sign of her wanting to mate with those young males. If you keep them separately she can smell them if you hold them and after coming to her she can smell it.

If she is only rabbit you have there could be some other explanation.

Is this same rabbit who had a litter in July?

Last edited:
Hi, how many rabbits do you have there, they are all not neutered I guess?

I see from your previous thread that you had babies 25th July so if they are still with you they are nearly 4 months old now and it is time for them to become fertile/hormonal and start smelling like adult males/females. This can irritate her (it is if you still have them) and as already said above honking can be sign of her wanting to mate with those young males. If you keep them separately she can smell them if you hold them and after coming to her she can smell it.

If she is only rabbit you have there could be some other explanation.

Is this same rabbit who had a litter in July?
Yes it this same rabbit who had a litter in July and isn't neutered as she already is around 2 years old. We found a home for the babies, but one of them (male) is still with us. Though his place is on a different floor but yes there is a possibility that she can smell him for sure.
In that case, what should I do ??

Getting her fixed is the best thing you can do and the male as well!

Latest posts

Back