Bunny’s tummy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunadri

Reaction score
My bunny didn’t want to eat so I brought him to the vet. Turns out it was gi stasis. He gave him some medicine and did some injections. We didnt do a blood test or x-ray. He is pooping and eating just fine, but his tummy just seems bloated and big. (his leg is cropped out) I inserted a photo of him flopping a while ago. Is this tummy size normal? His been having medicine for 3 days. Is there anything i can do to help him de-bloat? I will try to give him tummy massages.

Attachments

• AE472338-FD5D-4C1D-96F2-7A6CA2DE464C.jpeg
    AE472338-FD5D-4C1D-96F2-7A6CA2DE464C.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 3
Bump, im sure one of the more experienced members will be here to help shortly. If anything for now while you are waiting for replies, just give your vet a call and see if you can talk with them over the phone for a few min, as they may bring you in again. Hope it all works out :)

Hiya,
I hope he is feeling better.
Maybe check with the vet about his tummy size, usually listening to his tummy to hear what’s happening may be a good indication also. Is it the usual gurgles and pops kind of sound (my bun’s tummy sounds like that when he is doing ok).
would gas drops help?
Otherwise I think take him to the dr. because he may be experiencing discomfort poor thing.
Hope he gets well soon, stay strong 🙂

One of my bunnies stopped eating and following the advice found on this forum, I dabbed some water near her mouth and began rubbing her stomach. After a long while she ate some leaves. I put her back in her home and she was soon back to normal. I don't know if it was the start of stasis or just some gas, but massaging her tummy worked.

One of my bunnies stopped eating and following the advice found on this forum, I dabbed some water near her mouth and began rubbing her stomach. After a long while she ate some leaves. I put her back in her home and she was soon back to normal. I don't know if it was the start of stasis or just some gas, but massaging her tummy worked.
Glad it all worked out :) Hope it's all clear skies from here on :)

Latest posts

Back