Bunny’s right side of face is damp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peneloppythebun

Reaction score
hi I was wondering if anyone else has experience this. My bunny drank out of her water bowl yesterday and today she has damp fur on the right side of her cheek.i always clean out her water bowl and give her fresh water daily.she didn’t have this happen yesterday. She’s still eating and peeing and pooping fine. I was wondering could it be tooth problems? She doesn’t grind her teeth or could it be because her fur is still drying.

I wouldn't be concerned then. I would just wipe it off with a dry towel. Let us know if it is still there tomorrow.
I will let you guys know and update you guys I was trying to wipe it off with a towel but she doesn’t like it. She still eats and poop and everything and she still runs around and eveything. But I will let you guys know

I will let you guys know and update you guys I was trying to wipe it off with a towel but she doesn’t like it.
I wouldn't be concerned then. I would just wipe it off with a dry towel. Let us know if it is still there tomorrow.
its still wet on the right side of her cheek, she is still eating and everything she doesn’t look like she is in pain or anything. It happened before the night before I noticed she was drinking lots of water. Maybe that could be why? I was sleeping so I didn’t get to monitor her. It happened before and her fur went back to normal after. But I don’t know why it’s still wet

that's good, it was prob;y just water. I have a jersey wooly with shorter fur but super fluffy cheeks and he dips his cheeks and face in the water when he drinks, the vet said there is no problem with it and he still is 100% normal! I think it might have been small itch if it was just a one-time thing because water would soothe it. I would just check the fur because there could be a little thing under the fur. I hope you have a great day though!

that's good, it was prob;y just water. I have a jersey wooly with shorter fur but super fluffy cheeks and he dips his cheeks and face in the water when he drinks, the vet said there is no problem with it and he still is 100% normal! I think it might have been small itch if it was just a one-time thing because water would soothe it. I would just check the fur because there could be a little thing under the fur. I hope you have a great day though!
Yeah it’s back to normal now I think it was because she dipped her face in the water. Thank you have a great day! Stay safe!

Latest posts

Back