Bunny’s escaping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roo1234

Reaction score
I am a breeder and am trying to find the best option for housing baby bunny’s until they are ready to go to a new home. They fit through a 1 1/2 inch gap so I put fabric around the play pen but now there jumping over the top.
the white cage is in there until I can figure out how to keep them from escaping 🤷‍♀️ Please help me figure out how to keep them contained

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 8
It looks really low. Is there any way you could somehow make the sides of the pen higher or put something over it? You could try putting a bedsheet over the top and fastening it to the sides of the pen with clips for now. It might not work, though.

Does it make a difference if you clipped the fabric to the top of the pen wall, rather than part way down the side? That looks like the standard 30in pen wall, and I'm wondering if the whole height of the pen wall is covered in fabric, it will reach the point of "too high" that the rabbits will be less likely to jump over it. I also second the covering the top with something like a thin sheet.

Not if they are in a cool area! Keep them out of direct sunlight and you could always set up a fan nearby to keep the area cool!

Wow! They're determined :p

Posterboard or cardboard panels, zip tied to the fencing panels. Worked for my baby buns. It's slick, so they can't climb, and blocks off fitting through the bars.

Latest posts

Back