Bunnny Whisperer needed; Grooming is speaking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Harpo, my foster bun who I took in as he was "Aggresive" but really was just scared is I think trying to talk to me. He and I have figured out all of his bad behaviour (growling, charging, being aloof). Is pretty much gone. But..

I've noticed over the last 2 months that when I go and sit with him every evening that he sits away from me and grooms himself for 10 minutes (its his ritual, I've dubbed it) and then 5 or 10 minutes later he'll come to me for cuddles. Again, this ritual is to be had EVERY evening. Not in the AM, when I first give him pellets (he still "charges" but its half a@@ed), nor when I first come home from work and give him his nightly salad (binkies are had and he just loves getting sweets and a hello), its just the 2 hours after coming home that he does this.

Maybe he's saying "I'm comfortable enough to groom" or how long are you going to sit with me? But he's telling me something and I'm clueless.

Sitting next to you and grooming is telling you that he's comfortable being near you and just being a rabbit. If he then hops up for cuddles, maybe he's also saying "I want to look good for you!"

Latest posts

Back