Bunnies fighting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DmitriBunny

Reaction score
I've got two bunnies, a boy and a girl. Both have been spayed/neutered and happily living together, but just today they were circling aggressively and pulling out fur!

This happened before when my female was unspayed and hormonal, but that was in April so this incident seems out of the blue. I've separated them for the night, but is there any ideas of what this is and how to fix it? I can't keep them apart long I don't have space.

How long has it been since they've been spayed/neutered and then bonded?

Have there been any changes in environment? new pets? new visitors?

Sometimes bonded bunnies may have a squabble if one is not feeling well. Any such indications?

My male rabbit was neutered last August. The female was younger than him and we got her spayed the second week of this past April. He acted up around her then because of the hormones but they were fine since then until now.

No new pets or visitors, we don't have guests. I'm afraid I've been paying a little less attention to them than usual due to the end of the school year and other stress, but they eat and drink and I've been grooming them for summer too.

I haven't noticed any illness, the last problem we had was an injured paw in May from nail clipping but no indication that the female is sick from that and it looks healed.

Hmmm... hard to say. Their bond is only 2 months new - still delicate.

It could just be an anomaly. Or it could be that one is not well, but isn't yet showing signs. Could be anything from a dental issue to just a bit of an upset tummy. Any grumpiness from something like that could cause one to be ornery.

You may have to allow them together to see what happens -- carefully monitored of course. Might want to have on some oven mitts in case you need to separate them.

I'll give them both a little checkup and look for any signs of hurt. On their own I noticed them both unusually energized as well. The male was running around a lot and the female is flipping her house. That could just be anxious tension though.

I'll try them together again as well. They've been a bit calmer since I fed them this morning so I might as well try. Thank you for your advice.

Latest posts

Back