Bunnies fed yogurt and jam

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3lly

Reaction score
I have been seeing weird posts about things people feed their rabbits. Last week on kijiji I saw a woman rehoming a rabbit with digestive problems. She fed her rabbit poor quality pellets (bonanza) No hay because the rabbit doesn’t tolerate hay and yogurt to help with the digestive problems because yogurt has probiotics. A rescue took in the rabbit and it started eating hay right away.

Today I saw on Instagram that a woman is feeding her bunnies pellets mixed with store bought strawberry jam because they won’t eat the pellets unless they are mixed with jam. She has 2 adult bunnies and 6 15 day old baby bunnies that she is selling.

My instincts tell me that yogurt and jam are things that you should not feed rabbits.

Yep thats completely right, it seems that the woman clearly didn't know much about rabbit diets, and probably used low quality or old hay which is why the rabbits didn't eat it. Jam has LOTS of sugar and often has seeds of the fruit in it which is very bad for their digestive systems and yoghurt isn't that great either the bacteria and probiotics aren't naturally in their intestines so it could potentially be very harmful. If you are interested perhaps you could reach out to the woman and help her with the rabbit's diet and maybe give her links such as the ones below, hope this helps!

101 rabbits-

Latest posts

Back