Bunnies...And Other Very Important Things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE!!! YAY! (it's about time)

Well, let's start with Gus: Mr. Grumpy Pants has gotten much better, and is starting to - dare I say - like me? I've demolished his exercise pen and he now had the whole room to himself, all day and night. I like to go and lay on the floor to read and let him jump on my legs and lick my nose. I must remember to post pictures of his new little outfits, it's too cute.

If anyone is familiar with my other recent posts, I'm engaged! Rob has (finally) asked me to marry him. Now, I'm not a poofy frufru sort of girl, but not a tomboy either. I like casual, simple, stress-free. For this reason, my ideal wedding dream has always seen me and my groom alone in some beautiful private outdoor area. I'm in my simple white summer dress, he's in his simple shirt and tie. We marry, then go on a nice elaborate vacation (which we can afford, because we didn't have to feed a hundred people), where I will lay on the beach in a skimpy bikini drinking gin and tonics. And when we come home we invite all of our friends and family out to dinner and SURPRISE!

Well, that is not how it's going to happen.

The first problem is how much it costs to actually hire someone to marry you outside of an establishment. My real priority has always been to just have a really nice honeymoon, so we decided together that we should save the money and spend the $200 to get married at the courthouse. I'm fine with this.

The second problem came when I realized that the courthouse needs you to have two witnesses who actually know you, present for the ceremony. How do you choose just two people? If you choose one, well, it's rude to not invite this person or that person. Long story short, we've ended up with the full ten guests that we are allowed: My parents, my sister, my grandmother, my close friend Sarah, Rob's three children, his brother, and his friend Tony.

So now it's actually a WEDDING. Joy. Oh, but it gets better...

When Rob and I first met, I was a scrawny 105 lbs. At 5'7", this was disgustingly underweight. Scince then, I've quit smoking and started to eat, well, a bit more than what's necessary. I ballooned to 180 lbs in the last 5 years. A couple of weeks ago, at work, a customer congratulated me on my pregnancy. I'm not pregnant. Devastated, I knew I had to kick this weight once and for all and started to take the baby steps in the right direction. My goal was set for June, and we could get married then.

Now, Rob has just started a new course at school which actually will be running right through the summer, and so the only time we can actually go on our honeymoon is during reading week, which is in FEBRUARY. Um, 50 lbs in 5 months??? Are you freakin' kidding me??? But, I have to do it if I want to wear a teeny bikini on our honeymoon. I WILL NOT sacrifice my honeymoon dream. To motivate myself even further, I've already purchased my dress (which is no longer a summer dress, btw, because an actal wedding seemed to require something a bit more formal), and ordered it just a bit bigger than my goal size so I can get it tailored to fit perfectly. I have no choice but to lose the weight or I'll be stuck with a dress I'll never wear and be out a few hundred bucks.

Well, I suppose that's enough ranting for now. I'm off to toss a salad for lunch and then walk the 2.5 miles to work. I leave you with pictures of my dress (which will be white, not blue):

KGrHqYOKosE0fjFftocBNcOfbft_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKm4E1LPmjCYBNcOhM0lB_12.jpg

And of course my engagement ring!

IMG_0511.jpg

You can doooo eeeeet Erin! But you don't need to toss salads to get there! That is unless of course you're into that kinda thing. >.>

Sorry i just couldn't help myself hehehehe.

Seriously though, i can tell that you're the kind of person who can achieve almost anything when you put your mind to it, im sure you'll reach your goal weight in time! And the dress is lovely btw!

Keep us updated with the weight loss, it might help to keep you motivated, just a thought but I'll be cheering you on anyway.:party0002:

Thanks Annette!!

I'm happy to say that I've already lost 10 lbs in the last couple of weeks, but you know what they say - the first ten comes off the easiest. I actually don't mind the salad. I feel like it brings Gus and I closer together, lol. Plus, I use a reasonable amount of creamy dressing, so it's still tasty.

By the end of the day, I'm getting about 8 servings of veggies, 3 servings protein, 3 servings carbs, 2 servings fruit, 2 servings dairy, and lots of water.

A sample day is:

Breakfast: Big bowl of high fiber cereal and skim milk, one coffee with fiber supplement.

Lunch: Three cups of greens tossed with various colors of peppers, tomato, chicken, maybe some apple or grapes, maybe a sprinkle of cheese or bacon bits, and about three tablespoons creamy dressing.

Dinner: A variation of lunch, or a meat with a steamed veggie like broccoli.

Snacks: fruit or yogurt, although I find that my meals are so well-balanced that I'm rarely hungry.

I'm also drinking only a couple times a week, as opposed to my regular almost nightly routine, and I'm only drinking red wine.

That sounds like a great meal plan. Food can still be healthy and tasty. And we do need some fat in our diet!

I'm a huge fan of salads, not so much because they are healthy but because i just love them. Not without dressing though... i mean i love my rabbits but im not willing to eat like them lol. xD

A fav salad of mine is thai beef and chicken salad. I sometimes make it at home, and if im not in the mood for that flavor but want a "meaty" salad i will do a dark leaf lettuce with halved cherry tomatoes, a grilled steak (ours are very small compared to the steaks you get in the US, ours are probably considered XXS lol, about the size of your palm but not as thick) sliced thin with a vinaigrette dressing and a shaving of parmasan on top! There's about 4 times as much salad than there is meat just to give an idea of ratio, but anyone can adjust it to how they like it.

YAAAY!! Well, we picked our honeymoon destination...Jamaica! We found an adorable little resort, 3.5 stars, but it has better online customer reviews than most of the 5 star resorts. And here is everything that's included (click on link):

http://webstar.softvoyage.com/cgi-b...EN&REFWHATID=101&CSS=&AGENCYID=&HOTELID=19113

And a Youtube walkthrough I found (which you may find incredibley boring, lol):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRW2wOyhu6w[/ame]

I really like the look of this place. I even found a five star resort vacation package that was on special for $900 a head, but I chose this place instead. It has such a freindly feel to it!

Jamaica! Woohoo! I watched the vid and the water looks amazing! If i was there no one would be able to pull me out of the water, I'd be in there all day lol.

I know, right? That's what everyone keeps saying in the reviews, that the water is the clearest they've ever seen. I can't wait!

I also have to mention that I have officially lost 13 lbs! People are now telling me that they notice a difference, which feels amazing. Actually, I haven't been at this weight since last December. It's inspiring! To celebrate my success, I just bought a bikini that I hope to wear on my honeymoon. Here it is:

KGrHqQOKjwE46sl66uvBOT1mfvE48_12.jpg

Lol! Ebay, ladies!

I also got these, in a size slightly larger than my goal size (so I can tailor to fit, if necessary):

KGrHqEOKj0E4f9R54MBOOekoTqCQ_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKnE3Uc6i-zBOwG90qVQ0_12.jpg

KGrHqZigE5gvn7g9DBOhEtYTgg60_3.jpg

And this is the dress I purchased for the dinner we're having after the wedding, except I had it made in powder-blue instead of white:

KGrHqIOKkQE4hHvzoVSBOSNgrcS0_12.jpg

Ooooh I like that bikini. Will it be that color?

Haha I kind of want one, tho I really don't like buying online. I have to see it on me, since I have more curves than that model and most models.

Latest posts

Back