Bunnies...And Other Very Important Things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'm thrilled! And SO glad I decided to keep Gus.

I know, Molly is so much bigger than Gus. It may sound weird, but I get such a kick out of comparing the size of their poos... I mean, Molly's poo is easily four times the size of Gus's!

Ok, maybe not quite four times the size, but about double, for sure!

14252_202246_460000000.jpg

And pictures of the lovebirds from a minute ago, going on their third hour of living together:
14252_202247_500000002.jpg

14252_202247_490000001.jpg

Molly is one of the most gorgeous bunnies I've ever seen!!! I loveee the picture you used in chapter three. Kind of looks like she's smiling, the way her eyes are all squinty. She's pretty.

Erin, I'm so Happy for you, Gus and Molly.:weee::party0002::pinkelepht::pinkbouce::bunnyheart:running bunny:bunny18

They really do make a Beautiful couple:heartbeat::inlove::inlove:.

Can hardly wait to see LOTS more pictures of the Happy Couple in "WEDDED BLISS"

Susan:)

Thanks, Susan!

We had some chasing in the middle of the night, so I put a divider in their pen. I'm going to be building a new floor for thier cage this afternoon so I'll put them in the bathroom while I do that, and hopefully the floor will smell different enough that I can put them back in the pen together tonight.

I'm not expecting them to live in peace from here on, that would be naive! But, I love that they're getting along as well as they are. It gives me hope that some day they'll bond fully :).

Chasing is actually natural as they're still establishing their relationship....I've even had bonded rabbits do some chasing and humping...as long as there wasn't fighting with it - I allowed it. I mean....its almost impossible for us as humans to live with someone else with some tiffs...how can we expect rabbits to do that?

I think they're so cute together and I'm so glad that you decided to keep Gus. Most of my flemish does don't care about having a partner - but my flemish buck sure loved it....and most of my bucks (if they were neutered) would definitely have a doe to bond with cause they seem to like it when another rabbit comes near them.

I wish you lots of luck and that things continue to go as well.

Greeeeat news!

we're officially bonded! They've been living together for almost a week now, no fighting whatsoever.

That was way faster than I ever thought, and I was sure it was going to take MONTHS.

Best stories evah! The ones about BunBuns and Rusty made me cry. I lost my little Jean-luc 2 weeks ago and sometimes feel like the heartache is unbearable, but i can't imagine the heart break of holding your bun in your arms and hearing it cry as if it knows its about to leave this world. I'm sorry you had to go through that. On a happier note, it's nice to see Molly and Gus's bonding sessions going well.

PS. Chows are one of my fav breeds. Newfoundland Landseers are my absolute favourite though. ^.^

Sigh.

Well, I haven't updated in awhile because life has been hectic, but it seems unavoidable now. Molly passed away last night.

She had been fighting pneumonia for a few days and was getting worse. Just as I made the decision to take her on one last trip to the vet, she died in the car on the way. It was a terrible way to go and I'm having a very difficult time with it.

Today, I'm disinfecting the rabbit room (well, now Gus's room) and keeping a close watch on Gus to make sure he doesn't get sick. After losing three buns in the past year I honestly could not stand to lose a fourth. It's ironic, because I really don't care for Gus all that much and it's clear that he hates me, but losing him would be the end of me having rabbits, like, EVER. So far they seem to be far too delicate for my taste and I really need Gus to prove me wrong. I need him to live longer than four years because if he goes way too far before his time just like the others then I will never have a rabbit again, and I'm rather fond of rabbits.

I did go through the thoughts of whether I should even keep Gus now that Molly's gone. Considering I almost rehomed him a few weeks ago, but changed my mind because I was sure he and Molly would be happy together, it seemed to be a logical course of action. But, I've decide to keep the little jerk.

After Molly passed last night, I brought Gus downstairs and sat with him on my lap, and we had a little chat. I said: Look, Gus, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But here we are stuck with each other whether we like it or not, so we may as well make the best of it. Listen, let's make a deal. I'll spoil you rotten, give you everything you could ever want and more. You have a room to yourself, all the veggies you could eat, and three litterboxes. Hear me, Gus? I said THREE litterboxes, just for you. All I ask in return is that you be a teensy weensy bit nicer. I mean, you don't have to lick me or cuddle with me, but you're going to have to give a little.

I think he understood.

Erin I am SO sorry. I stopped by the store today and Sarah told me :(
It was so fast. Molly lived a good happy life although short, I know she knows how much you loved her :)

And Gus better get his act together!

Don't feel discouraged, I had two bunnies die for no reason a few years back and it is so upsetting and made me not want to have rabbits but then I realized if I didn't I wouldn't get to enjoy the good times I had with them.
If you need anything let me know :) xo

Erin,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose one - especially with such little notice. Its always extra hard on me when it is a flemish giant.

I am thinking Gus may very well understand you - I think many times we're understood better than we think we are.

Latest posts

Back