Bunnies And Clothing Drama

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SablePoint

Reaction score
We're getting snow tomorrow, and I needed a warm out fit for my bunny. I bought some jackets for Rocko, my 1 year old Dutch. Unfortuantly, he's small for a Dutch so it's really difficult of what size to buy him, that's why I bought multiple jackets in size varieties. He also does terrible when I put clothes on him. He struggles, kicks, and tries to run. Totally different from my other rabbits!

We'll after the clothing torture(2 sweaters, a casual t-shirt, and 2 fleece jackets) only 3 out fits fitted him(unfortuantly not the fleece jackets! Those were really nice too!:pssd:). But he acted really tired in his cage. I decided to take him out and let him run around just to make sure I didn't hurt a foot or something when I was putting the clothes on.
When I picked him up to take him out the cage, he made a little squealing sound and kicked about.

But luckly, he moves around fine, and is full of energy and he's binkying all over the place leaving poop everywhere, clawing up my magazines and other items, and is making a bit of a mess for mommy to clean up as I type.

That sound he made worried me, though. Do you think I injured him? I feel really bad trying all those clothes on him, but he LOVES to dig - he's going to love the snow! But I want to make sure they are warm too. Bunnies love to play out side for long periods.

Ouch.. It's hard to tell when a bunny is injured.. they don't show it (as well as signs of illness).. if you think he might be injured, I guess you'd like to post the info in the infirmary section, there are more people there who are qualified to tell you if your bunny can be hurt..

Just in case, if your bun-bun doesn't want to let you dress him, try different approaches.. maybe giving him a handful of treats while dressing him (it might work, I guess?) or simply take as long as it gets to be gentle. Bunnies are very delicate, it's easy to hurt them.. but maybe he made that noise only because he was scared.

I hope he's doing ok!

Thank you! And he's doing fine. I picked him up today and he didn't make any noises. Like you said, he was probably scared.
Unfortuantly, the snow isn't sticking in our area...we might have a chance tonight. Then he can play tomorrow!

You can also try to bring the snow indoors if you can. I bring snow indoors onto a giant restaurant baking pan and my buns love playing with it. (30" x 25" x 2.5" is what I got for $3-4.)

Snow isn't sticking at all this winter in Toronto, either. I think they got snow once. =(

I had no idea there was clothing for rabbits available. Is there a website? I would just take them out au naturale & bring them in for awhile if they're cold.

They're dog clothes. And the snow stuck over night(it's gone now)! But it was a very hard snow. Like a mix of snow and ice. It was difficult for him to dig through, but he soon got the hang of it. He spent hours outside in his little sweater. You could of certainly tell he was enjoying it. All I did was go over to pet him and he jolted away from me like a wild rabbit!

Unfortuantly, the snow soon started to melt into a wet slush, and I didn't want him to get sick. He was unhappy about me catching him as he kicked about - he is certainly a brat bunny!

Latest posts

Back