Bunbuns' diet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Bunbuns currently eats alfalfa hay only with veggies in the morning and evening and an alfalfa based pellet.. should i change him over from alfalfa to timothy hay? or change his pellets?

-April and Bunbuns

*SORRY*
i forgot to add bunbuns' age

he is nine months old.

Hi April, how old is Bunbuns? He's quite a small guy right? My 5 month old dwarf girl, I would be swapping to a timothy based pellets about now if we had any available in my country.

Just moved this into the nutrition and behaviour section :).

I agree, probably time to switch to a grass hay like timothy and to start gradually switching to a timothy based pellet. I use Martins Little Friends 'Less Active' pellet. Don't mind the name of Less Active, my guys are all very active, it's just a timothy based rather than an alfalfa based. Oxbow Bunny Basics T is also a great pellet!

Yup, I would definately switch the hay. You might be able to keep him on his current pellets depending on whether he is overweight, having excess cecals, or seems to have really chalky pee all the time.

What brand of pellets are you feeding? Some aren't too bad for adults while others are super rich.

Latest posts

Back