Bunberry is a VERY happy bunny :-D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowan

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried to get photos of the bunniesagain (long story:() and Bunberry jumped free. Well it was about to beHarebell and Selkie's turn to run loose so after a quick check to seeif I had everything to deal with three fighting rabbits if necessary Iopened their cage door and let them out too. I've been trying to get upthe courage (and time) to rebond them, somehow it seemed more difficultto think of doing three at once but actually it was incredible. I justwish I had a video camera and could have filmed it.

They've been separated since eight or nine weeks to make sure therewere no unwanted pregnancies and Bunberry has always looked lonely anda bit quieter than the others, he's never been fond of human company atall.

But the second he met them he was like a kid at Christmas. He binkiedover them, round them, round me, they went round ina littleherd together, grooming each other, snuggling, playing, then he'd goback to binkying, and they started binkying too. They were the happiestlittle group imaginable.They kept skidding up each other andstopping to touch noses before they were off again, and even moreamazingly Bunberry came over and gave me some bunny kisses too - thefirst ever from him :D:D.

After a long while they all ended up back in the girls' cage and theyacted like he'd always been in it, they didn't mind at all. Well when Ihad to leave them I thought I'd better take him out just to be safe,and he ran and hid behind them and they looked like they were standingguard to stop me taking him, so I said a short prayer and left them alltogether in there for about half an hour. When I came back they'd goneto sleep but he was dozing for a couple of minutes then going to checkon each of them (they've always slept at opposite ends of the cage inthe day) like he couldn't really believe it was true. He was so HAPPY.

I've had such a warm feeling inside ever since it happened. Bunberryhasn't binkied in months. I did separate them when I went to bed and Ifelt bad for doing so but on the first day I thought it best. He can'tbe with them today because I'm working but he'll be back with them thisevening, and permanently very soon. Now I've got to rejig the internalstructure of the cages again :?.

Tarragon and Flopsy are taking a lot longer, they're not really fighting but they're still trying to establish dominance.

Just needed to share my happiness :D.

Love

Kate

Awww, that really brought a happy tear to myeyes! He wanted his friends! He's a happy boynow..... with his 2 girls! no wonder LOL!

Congrats on the bonding.... :)

That is such a great story, thank you for sharingit. There is nothing like watching somebunny find his/her nitch in theworld. I am so happy that your little guy will forever be snuggled withsome friends. It is awesome that he showed his gratitude to you aswell. I can imagine you were veryexcited that it went so well.

Fergi's mom

EDIT: I want to see some pictues!! No Excuses!

wow, how cute. Its so adorable how you could make your bunny happy like that. And they always show their appreciation.

Thanks :). He's been a different character thelast couple of days :D, and he is MUCH friendlier to us which is alovely bonus. he spent all of yesterday evening with the girls again,both out and in their cage, very happily eating and playing andbinkying around.Today I'm hoping to get the time to redo halfhis old floor so that they can have an upstairs, the other half willbecome more downstairsroom for Tarragon -and Flopsycan join him when they fully bond. Then Flopsy's cage can go and mydaughter will get a big bit of her room back. I'm going to divide thetwo halves with two lots of cage wire with a gap in between (likedouble glazing but wire) so that they can hopefully live in harmonyalthough they'll be in two groups. My ideal is still that oneday when they're past their teenage years they'll all be able to comeout and play together even if they stay in two cages. I know it maynever happen, but...

Love

Kate

Oh Kate what a wonderful post :) What a joy that must of been to see all of your bunnies so happily playing together :D

I wish I could see something like that, it would be amazing, your boymust of really enjoyed having the girls to play with and how cute thatthey were trying to hide him from you and protect him from you takinghim away , (that part made me laugh)

I never realised how much happiness bunnies can bring you until I ownedone, you sound like you are truly blessed with your buns :D

Thanks for sharing your happy times :D

Latest posts

Back