Bun with heart disease

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selena RD

Reaction score
So my vet is said she has enlarged heart and that she has fluid in her lungs from it and that she probably been born with it and giving her prednisolone 5mg and another medicine in the mail coming is that medicine okay for rabbits? And has anyone experienced a bun with a enlarged heart?

No idea but I'm so sorry your little one isn't well. Hope it all goes well 💕

It really depends on why the heart is enlarged, to determine which medications are needed. So if the vet hasn't determined the cause of the enlarged heart, you may need to have more extensive testing done. Then the appropriate medications can be prescribed.

(contains graphic medical related photos)
Medirabbit: congestive heart failure

It really depends on why the heart is enlarged, to determine which medications are needed. So if the vet hasn't determined the cause of the enlarged heart, you may need to have more extensive testing done. Then the appropriate medications can be prescribed.

(contains graphic medical related photos)
Medirabbit: congestive heart failure
He said that she did have pneumonia but the 2 weeks before that he gave prednisolone & enrofloxacin to take that away so then we got a x ray done and he said there's fluid around the lungs not in it so he said that pneumonia cleared but probably her getting sick her heart problem just show up cause he thinks her mom or dad probably have a enlarged heart too so we have to wait for the other medicine in 5 days and prednisolone 5mg for all her life and then 6 months later he wants to see how she is in 6 months but she's still sneezing a lot sniffs the air and we went through 4 vets already i just want to make her happy again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back