Bun staying overnight after spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, today we had an appointment for Bambi's spay and when the vet called they said that the surgery went well but she isn't really eating so they want to keep her in overnight, they assured us she won't be left alone and will be syringe fed so she doesn't go into GI stasis, but I'm still pretty worried... I know that spaying is a more invasive procedure, but I really want her to be okay <3 has anyone had any similar experiences?

That’s great that it went well. It sounds like your vet is doing the right thing in keeping her overnight (as you wouldn’t want her to get stasis). It isn’t as common but it does happen sometimes after a neuter or spay operation that a rabbit will have to stay overnight. The vet will just want to monitor her and make sure that she’s eating well enough to go home. Rabbits and surgery

That's awesome that the vet is following up right away ! Hope she is just tired from her ordeal and perks up

Latest posts

Back