Bun has weird fur line

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have noticed a weird fur line on Bambi its on her sides and it separates her darker fur from her lighter fur, it has been there for a long time and I still try to brush it incase it is a shedding line but it doesn't work 😂 I'll put a few pics below (Sorry they are a bit dark)

Thanks in advance <3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 17.18.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 17.18.12.png
    841.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 17.20.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 17.20.00.png
    900.4 KB · Views: 10
It looks like she’s shedding. It won’t come out by brushing it but it’ll grow back soon, and she’ll look like normal again! Apollo always looks sickly when he sheds but Bambi looks cute 🥰

Attachments

• D982C648-03E7-454F-BAD6-1819761DD3E3.jpeg
    D982C648-03E7-454F-BAD6-1819761DD3E3.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
It looks like she's already shedded there. Musti used to have these odd ovals of shorter darker fur on his sides too when he did a heavy summer moult. Too bad that i didn't get any pics that time as now i'll never be able to show you or remind myself of that via pictures...

Hey, is Storm's moult late then? It's constantly 26+C and over but he's just like "hey my fur is a little floofy when i allow you to pet me!" And " stop pulling mats of my white bum top hair! Itchy!" He also has those weird "jellyfish" hairs on his hind paws that stick out and could be removed easily if he didn't pull away every single time!

Indoor rabbits can shed anytime, often with no rhyme or reason as to timing.
Well Storm just recently became a somewhat indoor rabbit. (He still goes outside to sleep when he severely misbehaves) He'd been living in a rabbit shed the whole life. He's also still pretty young, maybe he's shedding his youth fur? When DO buns usually shed their youth fur?

Well yeah you have such rabbits too, Musti moulted heavy in summer and then casually kept shedding the whole year until he went.

It can generally be said that rabbits molt in the spring and fall primarily, with the weather changes. However, that said, molting is a completely individual process for each rabbit. I have rabbits that molt at the normal times, one that seems like he's in a perpetual molt which drives me nuts, and another that seems like she almost never molts (the absolute best :) ). You'll discover the normal for your rabbit after a year or two.

Latest posts

Back