Bumps in ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be the start of ear mites. If she has seen a vet they will likely prescribe you a dose of revolution (selamectin) even without an exam which would clear up mites. Of course, an exam would be ideal.

My Ash had a spot that looked just like that except it was orange and it was higher in the ear instead of deeper and he only had it in one ear. He didn't seem bothered by it at all and now that I check its not there anymore. I suppose it could be mites. A checkup might be good just to make sure she's okay.

It looks like a bunny that's been scratching their ear a lot. Our Big Bunny had this and it turned out to be a fungal infection in his ear. Mites is also a definite possibility, as is an ear infection. Those often throw up some yellow waxy stuff like I think I see in the picture along with being irritating to the point that a rabbit will worry the inside of their ear to the point of making a small wound. Best to have it checked out, with cytology done on the crusty stuff in that ear to identify the pathogens.

Latest posts

Back