Bump on Chubbys Left Foot - Cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Best of luck tomorrow, hon!:hug:

hey guys .. vet just called he is out of surgery .. and resting well.. she said only bad part is the tumor was going into his tendons so she had to remove the whole paw. i have to pick him up tonight

thanks guys .. keep you posted

It's always a relief when they make it through the surgery and are in recovery:)

It's a shame they had to remove the whole paw, but better that and be sure they got all the cancer. I have heard of several rabbits missing a paw, and they do really well. I am sure Chubby will be up to mischief again just as soon as he can!

Let us know how things go.

Jan

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Great news for Chubby! Whoohoo. How are you guys holding up? How is Chubby doing tonight?

thanks for asking .. ill take a picture tonight .. when i picked him up from the vet , they were already giving him apples :) so he has been eating normal and drinking water. its just a little hard for him to get around , thanks everyone for caring =D. i was very surprised how he is reacting almost normal.. i just have to keep on him.

as of right now he gets injection ( pain meds ) every 12 hours and antibiotics ( oral ) 2 times per day.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Everthing still ok?;)

Where's that pic?:)

thanks for checking in .. here are the pictures :) he is doing really well , still on pain meds ... though i dont think he needs them.. far as i can tell .. ( know him really well ) ... and liquid antibiotics ..

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

I'm so glad he's doing GREAT!!!!!! He appears quite determined to make this work. I know this has been really hard on you, very scary. But, you're doing GREAT, too! You and Chubby are an unbeatable team!!!!:party0002:

Aw, so cute! I'm so glad he did so well and is doing well! Whoohoo! Go Chubby! You did the best thing for him and I hope he continues on cancer free!:pray:

Is he getting on okay so far?

thanks everyone !

question for all ... i have him right now in a 2 car garage ( put an Air Conditioner for the summer ) he lives with my bernese mountain dog (puppy 7 month old )
-1.jpg

Question - can rabbits ( esp) my old bun chubby live in 50 degree weather .. should i get a heater for the 2 car garage for the winter .. i figured i ask all you guys .. he lives in a cage http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?&pcatid=11166

anyones thoughts would be great

thanks
mike

After all he's been through don't you think that maybe he could live in the house with a little more human contact. A bun can do well in 50 degree temps but I would treat this little guy a little special :)due to his surgery and his age.
it's risky to have him in the garage alone with a puppy. I have 2 dogs myself so am familar enough to know that a 7 month old pup is not predictable.
he sure is a cute little guy:p

angieluv wrote:
After all he's been through don't you think that maybe he could live in the house with a little more human contact. A bun can do well in 50 degree temps but I would treat this little guy a little special :)due to his surgery and his age.
it's risky to have him in the garage alone with a puppy. I have 2 dogs myself so am familar enough to know that a 7 month old pup is not predictable.
he sure is a cute little guy:p

oh no .. the pup has a crate always sleeps in there i would never let him roam. also he was in the garage because of my wife she is really allergic to him =( , no problems ill get one of those nice natural gas heaters and have it professionally installed..

Latest posts

Back