Building House Bunny Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Reaction score
I decided that my understairs cupboard wouldmake a perfect rabbit house. My OH had a minor whinge aboutthe amount of space an indoor cage would take up, and I realised ourcupboard is at least 6ft by 3ft, so I started converting.

My first job was to empty out all the boxes that have sat in theresince May 2005 when we moved in! It took me ages, buteventually, I managed to clear them all upstairs.

ICAM0003-2.jpg

By the time I finished, I'd cleared out almost everything. Ihave a suitcase and a box left to go upstairs and I need to find a homefor the rake :dunno:, but it's looking a lot better.

ICAM0005.jpg

The next phase will be getting a light up in there, and OH will beboxing in that meter for me, to keep the bunny safe. Then thefinal phase will be putting down lino on the floor, taking off the doorand replacing it with a mesh covered baby stairgate. I'm alsoplanning to get a play pen to go infront of the doorway for when I amout, so that the bunny is in the largest possibly space to play whilststaying away from any potential hazards.:apollo:

I went this morning to get the lino for thefloor. When I told the man what it was for, he cut me off apiece of a nice one, only charged me £10 and threw in a large cardboardtube for bunny to play in :D.

I've taken the door off it's hinges, and all I need to buy now is ababy gate, and wood to box in the meter. Then there's justall the things I'll need for the rabbit! :bunnydance:

Floor down, bed in...

ICAM0003-3.jpg

The cardboard box at the back is full of toys and odds and ends (hayrack etc). The dish isn't the one I will be using when thebunny arrives - I just added it to dress up the pictures a little bit!:D His litter tray will be going against the back and there'sa few other little bits to do,but we're almost ready!

Not for a few weeks - I've not even found oneyet! :D We're going away for a weekend at the end of October,so I wanted to wait until after that, as I'd rather be here for therabbits first few weeks to help him settle in.

I'm hoping to get a French Lop, so I am buyingeverything on the large size :). I suppose I will just haveto wait and see what finds me :elephant:.

Well, I've just fitted the gate to the doorway:elephant:. Went out earlier and bought some more toys andvarious odds and ends... just the final DIY jobs to do like making themeter box and fitting the light. Then all that's missing isthe bunny! :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back