building a cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly316

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I built my bunnies one of those cages using the cubes and it came out great (thanks to all the helpful hints in the forum here!). I'm running into some trouble with the dowels that support the levels though...how do you support them?? I had them cut to the correct height and as of right now they are just in between the floor and the level like this:

2qtzr7a.jpg

Thanks!

I use the dowels under the level and have it go from end to end. Kind of like these ones. They are not my cages (Cyn build them), but a good example of what I use.

Picture025.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

I use the grids themselves it works really well for me but I cant get those things without spending more money. Or storm chewing on them

SDC10223-1.jpg

if you look the white grid help a lot they are the stands for the second level

Thanks guys, I'll try your ideas, I actually did think about using an extra cube piece as support but I didn't want to break up the area, might have to though. Anyways, here's a pic of the whole thing, bunnies and all :)

2qwodw3.jpg

They look happy in there new digs.

Where did you find those solid peices I can find them but in plastic

Note: The blue grids

Oh yeah they're lovin it! I wish I had done this sooner! I haveto sayit is QUITE comical when they stick their heads through the big squares.PoorBob can't fithis big ears through though like Nubbles can lol

I got the blue ones about 3 or 4 years ago when I went away to college and I think I got them at Linen's N Things...which...is now out of business :/ But it could have been Bed Bath & Beyond too! I JUST threw the box out the other day too! They were a lot more than the black ones though...$24.99 a box.

Thats what i need my chi bruiser sticks his paws through storms cage.

Not to hurt him but just because its something he is not sure about. and he eats storms hay. I will look at bed bath and beyond

I would be very careful woth those big gridds they have been known to kill gunie pigs and storm can fit all the way through them. If IO had to use them beside the floor and the back against the wall. I doubled them

Like I put one then slid one over half way now storm is safe and i had enough grids.

I only used the big grids on the floor and against the wall theres a note in the NIC thing I think from pipp and as soon as I read that I m not taking any chances

Latest posts

Back