Bugs and Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paiges bunny

Reaction score
Six months ago my bunny and I moved into a new apartment. Shortly after we found the place had a cockroach problem. The entire building was treated and we did some natural home treatments as well to keep the bugs out. It’s been going really well until this week.

I make it a point not to spray any insecticide inside my bunny’s room. Even the “organic” or “pet safe” ones still aren’t good for him. I don’t want to put him at risk. This week I found two cockroaches in his room. I haven’t found them anywhere else in the house. Each time, I clean out his room thoroughly and I was his dishes every single day. I’m concerned that they may be eating his hay or his poop.

I know the roaches aren’t coming from his hay or his things. It’s an apartment problem that unfortunately we just have to deal with until our lease is over. Has anyone gone through this before? Does anyone have any advice?

I would suggest spaying organic/pet safe disinfectants instead but make sure your bun and all his are not in the room. Let it air out and only let him in once the smell is gone :)

Latest posts

Back