Bugaboo her story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunty

Reaction score
We adopted a little netherland dwarf named Bugabooto be Deucy's mate. She was the sweetest little rabbit so active andhappy but a climber. She climbed up everything and took flying leaps tous and the floor. One day we were on the floor making a cage and sheclimbed up on a high dresser and took a leap towards us. We tried butwe could not catch her and I watched as she tried to drag her brokenbody across the floor to us. Wean her to the vet and were told she hadsevere back damage possibly even a break, He gave her medicine for painbut no hope. My husband insisted she would be fine when we took herhome but she was in a coma by than. We took her home and she took herlast breathe with her mate and my husband holding her. I was hurt somuch I never wanted another rabbut. Deuce was a mess he stopped eatingand withdrew from us. His asthma acted up alot and the vet said findhim a mate, I just kept force feeding him critocal care but he did notwant ot live I felt. My friend at work said she had seen a Netherlandfor adoption on a site in N VA and gave me the web address. Finally Ibroke down and pulled up the picture. I told my husband to come lookand it was a dear little silver martin just like BUG. We read how shewas left in a cellar " with no food, water, hay or hope"another was found dead near her. We scrolled down more and her name wasBUG. My husband said email her now that is to be our rabbit.We got an email back saying they thought noone would want her and comeget her. We went to get her and brought her home to Duecy. Duecy was sohappy hopped out sniffed and said OH NO we watched fro awhile and the grooming started and that is Bugaboo and BugabooII'sstory.

Oh bunty thats terrible! That poor poor rabbit.It's a really sad story but at least something positive came out of it,you have given Bugaboo II a chance at life which she probably wouldn'thave had without you - I agree with Batbunny - Respect goes out to you- you are a wonderful person to do all you do for all those rabbits!

Vickie

Latest posts

Back