Bucks not willing to breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
This past weekend, I tried breeding two of my does with two different bucks. As they are all rare and beautiful colors, I was really excited for these pairings!

However, the bucks we're not willing to breed which is something I've never seen before from studs! They weren't even willing to hump. The does were mounting and all over them, usually it's the other way around.

I tried pretty much every trick in the book, including cage swapping, table breeding, and ACV in water. I'm posting this because I'm at a loss of WHY the studs are acting this way! The weather? Where are their hormones??

They are both of breeding age and completely healthy.

I know! Very frustrating and I ended up trying another more eager buck.

They both are on the shy side, but very snuggly and sweet! Also my does are very friendly so I thought that would help but it didn't...

I know! Very frustrating and I ended up trying another more eager buck.

They both are on the shy side, but very snuggly and sweet! Also my does are very friendly so I thought that would help but it didn't...
That’s really interesting. Granted, my bucks (that have bred) are not shy in the least and are on a doe within minutes.
maybe try putting them in neutral grounds? I dunno if that would work, because you’d assume the buck would prefer his own cage but it’s worth a try.

Latest posts

Back