Buck or Doe? Please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawthorne16

Reaction score
I recently bought a junior Holland Lop ‘buck’ from a local breeder. However, upon checking today I am utterly confused and cannot tell if this is a doe, an oddly maturing buck or a buck with a split penis. I contacted the breeder that said I would just have to wait until the rabbit was older and more matured to confirm the sex. (Currently 9 weeks old.) I have photos taken today that I will post below, however if these are against the forum guidelines pls let me know and I will remove them. At first glance it looks like a doe, but when applying more pressure the opening ‘extends’ and almost appears like a buck.

Anyways, if any experienced rabbit breeders could help - I am a but disappointed if this is a doe, as I paid a pretty penny for what I thought would be herd buck material. The breeder also seems reluctant to offer a replacement as they believe it is actually a buck that needs to mature. Thanks for any guidance you can offer!
full

Last edited:
I would say buck. It may start looking more like actual boy parts around 3-4mos of age

As far as split penis I am not sure

Latest posts

Back