Buck Jones Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at a loss of words but please extend my deepestsympathies to the Missus and family.

How tragic, I couldn't imagine loosing my father on father's day.
:tears2:

I've been following this thread all day however haven't felt up to posting.

Today is the third anniversary of mycousin's accident thattook his life the next day(tomorrow) who was 8yrs young atthe time. :sad:

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
I'm sorry, i can't post on this thread anymore, it's toosaddening, i cry everytime i read a new reply......

Ellie

It is very difficult -- but what a wonderful tribute to a man who meant so much to all of us.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Bramble Briar86 wrote:
I'msorry, i can't post on this thread anymore, it's too saddening, i cryeverytime i read a new reply......

Ellie

It is very difficult -- but what a wonderful tribute to a man who meant so much to all of us.

Pam
Exactly Pam. Buck was always so funny howhe reacted when he caught us "talking" about him in a post. We werealways complimenting and bragging on him and he shrugged it off withembarrassment and would try to turn the tables and shine the light backonto "the ladies".

He was uncomfortable being the center ofattention or the receiver of compliments. He would rather blend backinto the shadows and be a part of the group but never the focalpoint.

But this time it's his turn to shine.

Every time we sign on and check back inon this thread, it's ourway to share with the others whocared for him the heaviness of this grief we are feeling. Away to hold each other's hands "long distance".

And I think this is our way of keeping him with us just a little bit longer. ;)

Raspberry

I've been gone all weekend and came backtonight... this is the first topic I saw and my mouth dropped open...then I broke into tears. I never really got the chance toknow him as well as I wanted to... but I thought he had beattheworst of it and all of us "newbies" would get thatchance. I do feel like I know him through everyone else onthis forum that has been touched by him. I know he is in abetter place right now and who better than to take care and watch overall of our beloved pets at Rainbow Bridge until we can all reunite oneday. My prayers and sympathies go out to his closest friendsand family :pray: :sad:.

With love,

Jamie and family

This is a poem that has always touched myheart...I'm sorry I don't know the author's name to give credit. But itseems to fit the character of Buck...

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Rest in peace, Buck....

I'm still in shock from having received thisnews late this evening.I'm truly at a loss forwords. What an honor and a privilege it has been to bask inthe wisdom and the knowledge of this great man.

My heart goes out to both his family and our own dear Carolyn with whom he was so close.

Rest in peace, friend. Take your rest.

:sad:I am not real sure as what to say,buthere goes, I always looked forward to reading hiswonderful posts, they were full of info and even if I did not post aquestion I always learned from them. Also, in hisposts, you really could understand that he really loved his buns andloved to share this with others. I am not sure if I evertalked to him but he will be missed. My heart goes out to hiswife. :tears2:

I sit here in total disbelief, I have just come home from work and read this post, I am totally at a loss as to what to say.

Buck was and is a wonderfuly amazing man.

Jovial and ever the one who would compliment and praise others yet seem to shun the spotlight when it was upon him.

I remember the day he said he regarded me as a friend and to call him Carl.
He offered his friendship in such a kind way, and I will miss him.

May you rest in peace and your spirit continue to shine the warmth you always gave us.

flower041.gif

Always Grateful for your friendship, care and advice
Tash

pamnock wrote:
Bramble Briar86 wrote:
I'msorry, i can't post on this thread anymore, it's too saddening, i cryeverytime i read a new reply......

Ellie

Pam

I never would have believed I could be this heartbroken over a man thatI'd never met. This proves just how much of a family this forum is.

To all of you attending the Boathouseparty, when you are together please toast to all of you that are there,those who cannot be there and our dear friend BuckJones.

As quoted by a very dear member of this board in another thread"you can't see our facesor feel our hands, but close your eyes and feel our hearts.We are here"

Vickie

Wow. I haven't been here in awhile...and now Buck's gone! I can't believe it.And here I was all se tot comment on the tropical bunnypicture. :laugh:

I just found out. I can't believe that he'sgone. This is truly a very sad day.My thoughts and prayersare with the Missus and their family.

It's very hard to think of the right things to say right now. Buck was such a wonderful person and so is the Missus.

I'll come back a little later when I can collect my thoughts better.

Peace be with our good friend Buck.

~Jim, MrsD, Danielle, Jessica, Brindle, Benji, Chippy, S'more, MooShu, Binkie, and Rosie

How very sad for family andfriends.There is a new star in the heavens toreplace the light that has gone out on Earth.

To Raspberryswirl - I am certain your little girl has a new guardian angel to watch after her.

seniorcats wrote:
To Raspberryswirl - I am certain your little girl has a newguardian angel to watch after her.
This brought a true and genuine smile tomy face. I hadn't even stopped to think about this yet. Thank you forreminding me. :)

Raspberry

What a bright light he was. I always looked forhis posts first. I loved to read his messages, what wisdom andknowledge! He will be greatly missed, but what a wonderful gift to theheavens above. I'm sending prayers out to his family and Carolyn mayyou have peace, joy, and comfort, he is in a better place.

When we have a bad day, or things aren't going our way, we will have the best angle on our side.

:sad:I am shell shocked. My prayers are with his family too. How terrible.

Latest posts

Back