Buck hurting doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunBunMom

Reaction score
My two bunnies are both 10 months old and are littermates, they are also spayed and neutered. The buck has recently been biting my doe and I’ve found the females fur on the ground.
Today I separated the two and put them in two different areas. I can’t understand why the buck has suddenly become aggressive, the only change in area are a few new toys I received for them on Christmas. I need to know the reason for this and I would greatly appreciate the help.

How long have they each been neutered? When did this aggression start? Could it have coincided with new visitors in the household (perhaps pertaining to Christmas activities)?

How long have they each been neutered? When did this aggression start? Could it have coincided with new visitors in the household (perhaps pertaining to Christmas activities)?
They have been neutered for about 6 months. I think the aggression started on Christmas Eve. Although, at my house during Christmas the bunnies did seem fairly stressed when the guests were at my house.

I think you've solved your own question. They were probably extra stressed with the change in household activities and he acted out. Keep a close eye to keep him away from her if he shows aggression again, but they should settle down again as things go back to normal.

My two rabbits are the same sort of age as yours and siblings but not spayed or neutered. It looks as though they might be making babies together. They have been like it since christmas day. In the end i seperated them because he was bothering her. Now they are back in each others company but a lot quieter and still making babies.

My two rabbits are the same sort of age as yours and siblings but not spayed or neutered. It looks as though they might be making babies together. They have been like it since christmas day. In the end i seperated them because he was bothering her. Now they are back in each others company but a lot quieter and still making babies.
Please have them neutered ASAP. Why create more babies when rescue centres are full of rabbits looking for good homes?

Please have them neutered ASAP. Why create more babies when rescue centres are full of rabbits looking for good homes?
I was thinking along the lines that i will be heartbroken when its time to say goodbye.
If she is pegnant on the other hand i will be keeping the ladies and gents seperate while i decide what to do.
Otherwise i would have so many rabbits i would not know what to do with them all.
Like i already said, i will be heartbroken when it's time to say goodbye so if the bun IS up the duff i will have the babies to remember them both by.

I was thinking along the lines that i will be heartbroken when its time to say goodbye.
If she is pegnant on the other hand i will be keeping the ladies and gents seperate while i decide what to do.
Otherwise i would have so many rabbits i would not know what to do with them all.
Like i already said, i will be heartbroken when it's time to say goodbye so if the bun IS up the duff i will have the babies to remember them both by.
I don't understand. You could end up with a dozen rabbits who need lots of space, they all need neutering and vaccinating. And if she is pregnant and you don't get her spayed now she could get pregnant again immediately after giving birth if the male is still with her. Please do the responsible thing and have them neutered now.

I don't understand. You could end up with a dozen rabbits who need lots of space, they all need neutering and vaccinating. And if she is pregnant and you don't get her spayed now she could get pregnant again immediately after giving birth if the male is still with her. Please do the responsible thing and have them neutered now.
I said i will be keeping them seperate while i decide what to do. By that i meant i am thinking along those lines but would prefer it if you mind your own business because you are making me unhappy.

ok, well for starters, @McClaire, you’re the one who posted on an advice forum, so if you wanted them to mind their own business… Why did you ask? that seems a bit controversial…

I believe you said they were full-siblings, correct? I’m not sure that’s healthy, it can intensify their weaknesses and cause deformities. Then again, maybe I should just mind my own business…

@FunBunMom I love your account pic! Smudge and Peanut are such cute names!

The OP has had her question answered. This thread has gotten off-topic. The replies discouraging breeding are in keeping with RO forum policy:

Rabbits Online supports breeders who breed rabbits that are healthy and genetically sound. We will never support those who encourage backyard breeding, selling of kits at too young of an age, breeding of animals with unknown histories, or those who are out to only make a profit, or those doing so just for the "experience". We fully support those who put the welfare of their animals first. This support is provided through mutual learning and knowledge sharing to ensure responsible, humane breeding practices.

For further information regarding the importance of a rabbits genetic history and conformation, see:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threa...-history-or-conformation-when-breeding.76678/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back