Buck have a favorite rescue or shelter or something/somewhere

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless your heart, Lynda, for thinking of that.

Buck was such a free spirit. He was open to all ideas. He didn't have afavorite organization. He felt that getting tied down to one mighthinder something he could've learned elsewhere. He wanted to hear allsides. He read them all, researched the ideas and thoughts throughrabbit forums - breeders and pet owners alike, and formed his ownopinion from in lieu of his experience and logic.

I'll talk to 'The Missus' about it. Something Must be done Somewhere in his Honor.

I know he'd want something done for rabbits, I just don't know what it would be.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

-Carolyn

Great idea!

I was wondering about a donation to his hometown or county library topurchase books (children's books?). Or perhaps the library atthe school where he taught?

seniorcats wrote:
Great idea!

I was wondering about a donation to his hometown or county library topurchase books (children's books?). Or perhaps the library atthe school where he taught?
That's a good idea, too!

seniorcats wrote:
Great idea!

I was wondering about a donation to his hometown or county library topurchase books (children's books?).? Or perhaps the library at theschool where he taught?

That is a great idea.

He wasn't fond of HRS. He didn't care much for the shelter that he hadadopted so many rabbits from because when he asked the to take JimD's'Rosie', they turned him down. That made him testy, understandably so,because he had adopted so many from that shelter.

Education or studies would be the thing that Buck would find valuable.

-Carolyn

Oh LOL, I just realized my post made it sound asif I thought my own idea was 'great'.Actually, I thought the priorideas of a memorial, donations, etc. were the great ideas.

If Carolyn talks to 'the Missus', the family may have some favorite causes.

Pretty soon we're all going to have a bun namedBuck, I think! That would be kind of funny, but also asuitable tribute.

Carolyn wrote:
seniorcats wrote:
Great idea!

That is a great idea.

He wasn't fond of HRS. He didn't care much for the shelter that he hadadopted so many rabbits from because when he asked the to take JimD's'Rosie', they turned him down. That made him testy, understandably so,because he had adopted so many from that shelter.

Education or studies would be the thing that Buck would find valuable.

-Carolyn
I think this is a really good idea, too. Particularly the school library.

I'm not fond of many of the shelters, either.

The reason we have Ms. Rosie-roo Jones is because the shelter would not take her from Buck...so we took her.

I'm glad that the shelter refused to take her. What an adventure Buck,The Missus, Rosie, and I had!! I would have never gotten to meet themeither.

For those of you who don't know the story, I'd like to bump the thread.What a wonderful thing they did. I actually had more of a bit part inthe whole thing.

~Jim

Thank you m.e. The thought to donate in his honor was in my mind as well. I am glad I have a place now.

Signing off for a little while. The obituary has me in tears.

Latest posts

Back