Brown pee?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hi again,
My bun just peed brown spot onto the ground. Is that normal and why does it happen should I be concerned ?
IMG_9192.jpg

Rabbit urine can differ from white to red. Did the pee have a strong or off sort of smell? If so it may be a bacterial or urinal tract infection, if it seemed and smelled normal and just the colour was off, I wouldn’t worry too much.
Is she on any medication? Has she been drinking a lot of water and what are you feeding her? Also, was it thick? Sorry, it sounds like a lot of questions. I wouldn’t be extremely worried about it if it was only a little bit. :)

I just smelled it right know it smells like nothing. No medication, yes she drinks water not a lot or lil just about normal I’d say. She eats Timothy hay,pellets,green veggies and few treats. It’s hard to till if its thick though I wiped some off on a napkin.

I think it should be okay. I’ve found that my rabbit has some discoloured urine on rare occasions. If it happens again soon, it might be something to have checked out by a vet.

I think it should be okay. I’ve found that my rabbit has some discoloured urine on rare occasions. If it happens again soon, it might be something to have checked out by a vet.
mine as well, they do come in little spots like that but that's about it. If that is all that he is peeing you should get him to a vet, if he is litter trained check his box to see, if not find where he normally pees and see. Good luck to you and your bunny!

https://www.sandiegorabbits.org/ - plus Georgia House Rabbit Society have extensive information published on rabbit care and behavior, also.

It's great to see you asking Qs about your rabbit's health! At a DVM appt. for our spayed girl who had a bladder stone and was peeing blood with her urine, the vet mentioned a client/patient who's sludge was so dang thick that the sludge could be scooped out with a spoon. One never wants their bun to have surgery for excessive amount of sludge.

This morning I work up and I found pee outside her litter box in two spots? Should I be worried they look white to me?

It looks like sludge to me I looked it up it said to increase water in take reduce pellets and so one. Is it something I should go to the vet? Does it look like something else?

Due to the corona virus I don't know if you can get to a vet but try just to make sure nothing wrong

Latest posts

Back