Brothers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owlyboo

Reaction score
Hi all , after some advice. I have two Nederland brothers. 1 has just reached sexual maturity and has started being amorous with his brother , who is getting very fed up. They are booked in to be neutered on the 18th . I have just separated them temporarily as I was worried they may get aggressive. But they are looking for one another. The other brother is still too little to be neutered as only 800 grams and not yet 4 months. Have I done the right thing or should I put them back together . Appreciate some advice thanks in advance .

Those hormones can make rabbits frustrated and grumpy. Too much 'attention' from one can make the other one lose patience and lash out in defense. A serious fight could sabotage their chances of bonding successfully later on. You did the right thing by separating. They may be looking for each other, but the same behavior would just continue and likely escalate. Keeping them separate until after their neuters is the right thing to do.

She is absolutely right..but maybe is you ave an hour..you could try a supervised visit? Let them try to visit...see how they,,if it looks like it’s going sour, stop it before it does..while holding them. Let them both give s gent. Rub bye...so it ended on good terms..and then you’ll know it can be done or not..I actually have two males, not neutered inbyside cages. George loves to jump over to see Smokey joe constantly..but they don’t fight..ever..they still as can be beside each other I watch to see if they are ok, they seem to enjoy it, so I do my chores, check on them, work, check them, etc.they stay together an hour every few days and have never had a fight..and George does this with some does too..some he likes and then..wel..you know..but some he just snuggles..it’s funny

Latest posts

Back