Brotherly Love

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkamar

Reaction score
I have 2 Bunnies that my nephew gave me about 2+ years ago to keep my 10 chickens company, He has always raised chickens and bunnies together with no problems, my bunnies are brothers Smokie in this photo is now 2 as well as Bandit but the photo of bandit is when I first got them .
I had to separate them because they fight now that they are older any ideas on how to keep them from fighting BTW their are wild females in the area here in Bryson City N.C. (yeah i put some food out for them too)

Attachments

• Bandit.JPG
    Bandit.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 3
  • Chicken Coop (7).JPG
    Chicken Coop (7).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Smokey and Bandit.jpg
    Smokey and Bandit.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 3
Have you considered neutering them? Neutering will rid them of their hormones and increase their chances of bonding.

You did right by separating them for now. They will need to either remain separate from now on, or be neutered and bonded together. If you decide to neuter them, it can take up to 6-8 weeks after surgery for those hormones to dissipate fully. After that they can be slowly introduced (as if they never before met). Bonding is a process. It can take some rabbits weeks (or longer) to bond. And there is no guarantee that they will, in fact, bond after all this. But neutering does give them the best chance if you want to house them together.

Here's further info on bonding:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html
The cottontails (wild rabbits) can't reproduce with domestic rabbits. Domestic rabbits are a different genus. So no worries there.

Latest posts

Back