Brother/Sister Pair Separate to Prevent Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny and Poppy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a brother/sister pair of Lionhead bunnies that are 10 weeks old. They had their first vet visit the other day and the little boys testicles haven't dropped yet. The vet told me that usually happens between 3-4 months. I plan on having them both spayed/neutered, but in the meantime I want to know when they need to be separated? I was really hoping I could get him neutered before I had to separate them, but now I'm not so sure. The vet indicated 4 months, the breeder said about 3 months. Is the female physically capable of getting pregnant at 4 months?

I am totally stressing about this because I do not want an accident to happen, but at the same time I really don't want to have to separate them. The vet did tell me I could check to see if his testicles had dropped yet but I have no idea how to do that, plus they are still skittish and I can't even pick them up at this point!

Any advice would help!
Thanks,
Melissa

Definitely possible to do the deed between 2 and 3 months of age. The male is also likely sucking his testes up into his abdomen. They are likely there and have "dropped" hes just hiding them.
Your best bet is to find a vet willing to spay/neuter them around 3 months old.

Latest posts

Back