Broken Tooth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mera

Reaction score
Hi, I have a young Mini Rex. I just noticed one of his top tooth is loose and cracked near to his gum. I don't know how that happened, Is the broken tooth going to fall by itself or should be taken off while the root is still inside gum? How long it take time the new tooth grow? Sorry for too many questions, I feel so bad for my bunny because he is not able to eat properly and I guess he is on pain. Could you please give me some advises? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20190818_100741.jpg
    20190818_100741.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I have a young Mini Rex. I just noticed one of his top tooth is loose and cracked near to his gum. I don't know how that happened, Is the broken tooth going to fall by itself or should be taken off while the root is still inside gum? How long it take time the new tooth grow? Sorry for too many questions, I feel so bad for my bunny because he is not able to eat properly and I guess he is on pain. Could you please give me some advises? Thanks in advance.
I don't know I'd visit a vet and get that piece of tooth removed as I think it can get worse. Maybe the other tooth can be trimmed as well.

I wouldn't leave it like that really I'd see a vet or if you can't would try to remove it carefully, but only if you are brave and confident enough.

Teeth grow really fast when not in use just in a couple weeks could grow 1-2 cm. If you leave like you have now he can't really use them probably . I am not sure but possibly new tooth will grow from root, again, it is hard to say from one photo.
Keep us informed, hopefully your situation will improve soon. Good luck!

I see now you've posted a couple weeks ago, hopefully he's better now?

I see now you've posted a couple weeks ago, hopefully he's better now?
Thanks, Yes it was weeks ago and he got new tooth after few days. He was a happy bunny again till last night he jumped out from my daughter's arm and hit the wall. He is unable to move around, just sitting a corner. I guess his back hurt when he hit the wall. I hope he get well soon, Do you have any experiment about this situation? I will be Thankful if you share your advice.

Thanks, Yes it was weeks ago and he got new tooth after few days. He was a happy bunny again till last night he jumped out from my daughter's arm and hit the wall. He is unable to move around, just sitting a corner. I guess his back hurt when he hit the wall. I hope he get well soon, Do you have any experiment about this situation? I will be Thankful if you share your advice.
I would recommend taking him to the vet asap , back injuries can be dangerous .

Latest posts

Back