Broken Jaw ~New member

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be worth finding out if you can get some comfrey plant.I don't know if it grows naturally where you are,but perhaps you have a herbal shop or something similar.Small or moderate amounts of the plant are loved by rabbits,and the plant has been used as a medicinal plant for 2000 years-having among properties,the ability to help heal fractures.Some studies injecting rats with a concentrated form,found it could cause cancers,but this is not born out by farmers and others who use it as a food in moderation.I hope this is of some help.

The photo of her teeth that I took today(feminine)
That photo looks a lot like one of the breaks in my bunny’s jaw. Essentially the lower incisors split apart which is why one looks more forward now. I’ve drawn a circle to show where it is so you can see.
CF7D133C-19BF-41BB-8A0B-3A304F034EF4.jpeg
My rabbit was able to heal despite that break and the bone actually healed so his teeth aren’t apart anymore.

It might be worth finding out if you can get some comfrey plant.I don't know if it grows naturally where you are,but perhaps you have a herbal shop or something similar.Small or moderate amounts of the plant are loved by rabbits,and the plant has been used as a medicinal plant for 2000 years-having among properties,the ability to help heal fractures.Some studies injecting rats with a concentrated form,found it could cause cancers,but this is not born out by farmers and others who use it as a food in moderation.I hope this is of some help.
Hello, thank you for your good suggestion. Do you have a photo of the sesame plant? And we have sesame here in our country, which I will send you a photo of, but it has very fat properties, I don't know if this is what you mean

Attachments

• 2C0A5219-365F-4501-AABA-C60F5E3B9A99.jpeg
    2C0A5219-365F-4501-AABA-C60F5E3B9A99.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 0
That photo looks a lot like one of the breaks in my bunny’s jaw. Essentially the lower incisors split apart which is why one looks more forward now. I’ve drawn a circle to show where it is so you can see.
View attachment 61708
My rabbit was able to heal despite that break and the bone actually healed so his teeth aren’t apart anymore.
Thank you for sending the photo
Today, my rabbit's doctor said that the fracture is not too big and it will probably heal in a month
But he has lost 200 grams of weight during these 20 days
Since yesterday, I saw that he is eating alfalfa leaves and a little parsley, but he didn't eat before
I am very happy now and I hope it gets better soon

Do you mean these photos without sesame inside?

Attachments

• 881AB695-5EEF-4AB6-8CC0-4AE2E5888C61.png
    881AB695-5EEF-4AB6-8CC0-4AE2E5888C61.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 68358645-0593-48E9-80C5-32C142F6B8EE.png
    68358645-0593-48E9-80C5-32C142F6B8EE.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2650DBE6-22E6-43D9-937F-2F902B9F56B8.png
    2650DBE6-22E6-43D9-937F-2F902B9F56B8.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm very glad that you're feeling a bit better and of course that he is too.Sometimes it can be overwhelming and you have no need to feel embarassed about showingyour feelings.We've all done that-if we didn't we wouldn't care so much would we.Keepgoingand do it one step at a time,patience and love will heal him.

CT scan photo

Attachments

• 2AD444F3-3BB8-4CA9-B820-5F9F0CFB7609.jpeg
    2AD444F3-3BB8-4CA9-B820-5F9F0CFB7609.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
  • D70605C9-F1BE-4184-B683-76F3D501B7E3.jpeg
    D70605C9-F1BE-4184-B683-76F3D501B7E3.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3CAC34DD-1C67-454D-8979-30DE63B10891.jpeg
    3CAC34DD-1C67-454D-8979-30DE63B10891.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello
I wanted to send the original file, but I couldn't. I hope the photos will open for you
Today, he doesn't eat again and only wants to eat incentives like carrots and bananas. I have to feed him again with my finger.
I would be grateful if these photos help me if the doctor is under stress
I feel that the rear teeth are growing and this is very worrying because his poops have decreased again since yesterday, unfortunately

I know you may have mentioned this before,and if so I'm sorry if I missed it,but have you tried fresh grass?Obviously I don't know how many types of grass grow in Iran or how easy it is to find it,but very often thy will eat grass when other things fail.It's not a staple food in the wild,but is brilliant at naturally wearing thenteeth down and stopping them overgrowing.Just a thought-sometimes the obvious things are overlooked.

He doesn't eat dry hay at all, but he eats fresh vegetables until 2 days ago. Today, he ate very little and his poops are less. I will put fresh grass or the same fresh vegetable that you mentioned here, I think this is what you mean?

Attachments

• 2472CC67-EE2C-4403-B5CD-D94259791567.jpeg
    2472CC67-EE2C-4403-B5CD-D94259791567.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 0
I think the photo is parsley,if I'm not mistaken.It'sOK in moderation.I re read what I'd written.and the bit that says "It's not a staple food in the wild' should read 'It is a staple food in the wild' since they eat a lot of it- sorry for any confusion,I think my tablet printed something I didn't type! Just to clarify,I meant freshly picked grass( growing-not hay) Ofcourse hay is great,but as you say he doesn't eat it well.Have you tried chopping it up into small pieces with scissors to tempt him.Since they like sweet things,smearing a little honey onto the leaves may also tempt him.I know that normally it's best to avoid too many sweet things,but we're trying to get him to eat,so in the short term it's acceptable.

I think the photo is parsley,if I'm not mistaken.It'sOK in moderation.I re read what I'd written.and the bit that says "It's not a staple food in the wild' should read 'It is a staple food in the wild' since they eat a lot of it- sorry for any confusion,I think my tablet printed something I didn't type! Just to clarify,I meant freshly picked grass( growing-not hay) Ofcourse hay is great,but as you say he doesn't eat it well.Have you tried chopping it up into small pieces with scissors to tempt him.Since they like sweet things,smearing a little honey onto the leaves may also tempt him.I know that normally it's best to avoid too many sweet things,but we're trying to get him to eat,so in the short term it's acceptable.
Yes, it is exactly parsley that he ate a little today
I cut the alfalfa leaves with scissors and mixed it with some crushed bananas, but he still eats very little.
I have to put my finger in his mouth because he won't eat
I had a question for you. He used to eat the green grass in the parks and when he was good, we went to the park and he started eating the grass.
Do you think it is okay to take him to the park to feed on the grass there or does it seem like a wrong thing to do?

If you can find some clean grass that isn't contaminated by chemicals(pesticides, fertilizer, etc) or dog urine, what I would do is just cut some and bring it home to your rabbit to try and see if he'll eat it. Though you may need to chop it up into smaller pieces so he can eat it.

If you can find some clean grass that isn't contaminated by chemicals(pesticides, fertilizer, etc) or dog urine, what I would do is just cut some and bring it home to your rabbit to try and see if he'll eat it. Though you may need to chop it up into smaller pieces so he can eat it.
Yes, it was a good point that you said
Because he used to eat it and he liked it very much, I told him to say this
Today, I gave him this plate and without softening it with water, the seeds are not hard and he is soft
You must find a way to eat hay, because I think it's a bad eating habit
Thank you for all the good tips you gave me

Attachments

• 55428196-3DB6-4198-99BB-772D84F262F8.jpeg
    55428196-3DB6-4198-99BB-772D84F262F8.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AC1FD1DC-F86A-4E8B-A5C2-AF32C041329E.jpeg
    AC1FD1DC-F86A-4E8B-A5C2-AF32C041329E.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 0
  • F189E7BD-0B12-462A-A984-2F0160B1803C.jpeg
    F189E7BD-0B12-462A-A984-2F0160B1803C.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for not replying right away,I've just noticed your message.As the other knowledgeable members have said, the grass should be uncontaminated,and I would also give it a soak in clean water for a while just to be sure it's clean.Chopping it up a little may tempt him.You could also try sprouting some seeds(ones which are safe to eat of course-check this online or in books) such as sunflower,andtry him with them.they're very nutritious and easy to eat,so he may go for them.Let us know how he gets on.Good luck.

Sorry for not replying right away,I've just noticed your message.As the other knowledgeable members have said, the grass should be uncontaminated,and I would also give it a soak in clean water for a while just to be sure it's clean.Chopping it up a little may tempt him.You could also try sprouting some seeds(ones which are safe to eat of course-check this online or in books) such as sunflower,andtry him with them.they're very nutritious and easy to eat,so he may go for them.Let us know how he gets on.Good luck.
Thank you. I will let you know. Thank you for your kindness

Latest posts

Back