Broken Bone or Everlasting Bruise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
Sometime in about the middle of August (about the 16'th), I was taking care of my cousin's animals while they were on a trip, which consists of many animals including a horse. As I was grooming her, she shifted her weight, moving her front hoof onto my foot. I cringed in pain, stiffening up and pushing her away from me.

I had a bruise for a couple of weeks, which was to be expected, but then it faded to a point where it just stayed... The bruise is still there, at almost two months later! However, it doesn't hurt in the least when I walk on it.

I've been wondering if I have a broken bone in my foot. I don't know how accurate this is, but once I heard that over half of the bones in your body are in your foot. Maybe a small one could be broken that isn't used for walking? And that's why it doesn't hurt?

When I run my finger over the spot and gently press down, two things happen - one: I feel a light pain that feels like a bruise. Two: I can feel a "sharpish" bump that's there, but not on the same spot on the other foot.

Do you think I could have a broken bone in my foot?

Xray is a definitive--bone bruises take a long time to go away also. When I broke my ankle I was in a cast and on crutches for 18 months and a boot for 8 more, shots, and a bone stimulator and only healed 40%. Hands and feet are the biggest concentrations of bones in your body but not half at either locale.

Ok, we decided that if I keep getting annoyed at it, we'll go get it x-rayed. At the moment, it isn't bothering me much. It's more of a mental thing. Because I know it's there...

Latest posts

Back